Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Interview

first round is phone interview done by HR, second round is onsite interview with department staff. Easy question just like common chats, no technical questions. Just ask about past internships

Collateral Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

20 minutes wait because the manager was in a meeting; right off the bat a bad sign.. this shows how they don't vale your time. He thought of himself as CEO. Non typical interview and very unprofessional; profanity used while interviewing. Denied offer. Stay away from this place - Very bad hygiene as well.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale in June 2017.

Interview

It's a lengthy process. I applied for the position through LinkedIn and I got a call from recruiter. Then she submitted my profile and I got there feed back after a one and half month for the Telephonic round. It was an easy interview and straightforward. It lasted for 20 minutes and I got the feedback by the weekend so they want to do Skype interview. I prepared for the Skype, one the day of the interview they sent me a message saying they couldn't do Skype and they'll do telephonic instead. I said okay and the interview started but starting from the first question they weren't clear what they're asking. In between the interview they're discussing with each other what to ask and it clearly shows they are not prepared for the interview. The main issue was the Accent. I was interviewing for the position in NY but a french lady interviewed but I couldn't understand what she's speaking as the questions are mainly based on Linux I was not able to understand what she's is asking and there is a continuous disturbance in the call. Coming to questions I know the company work with traders but I'm pretty much technical person no where related to trading and stock, they're expecting in depth knowledge of stock market and trading. What's wrong with them? They have my resume and clearly explained my work experience and educational qualifications but they didn't ask at least one question related to it. They didn't sound like they are willing to do the interview. Working with this company is pretty much waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Linux commands, Networking, Scripting and Trading.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Apply through school, skype interview. The interviewer came from sales&trading and did not ask me a lot of resume questions and technical questions. The interviewer is nice but I think we stuck in the same question for too long and he did not have time to ask me other questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have a certain amount of money, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

AML Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with at least 5 individuals, and HR. Provided my W2 and Last 2 patstubs. They knew my current salary prior to my first interview and came back with an offer 15K lower than my current salary. The management and people interviewing me were very nice and knowledgable. However their HR department needs to up reevaluate market standards and compensation basics. Dont waste your time .

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a few rounds with multiple teams within bank. You rank which groups you want to work, they rank you, and then you get matched to best fit. I interviewed with 6 teams including M&A, Syndications, Internal Ratings, etc.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to our team?   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Analyst, Phone interview with Director, then interview in their office with the whole team. spoke about commodity market, fx market, prediction on interest rates

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute first round interview via Skype followed by a super day (three 30 min interviews) 3 weeks later at their NY office that. Heard back a week and a half after.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting after meeting ~6 professionals at the firm. I first went through a phone call screening which was mainly fit questions and a few on the stock market and my interests. I later got to the superday, which was very easy. No technicals were asked to 90% of the attending candidates. Fun and very positive learning experience for a Sophomore! Absolutely great company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment. Tell me about yourself. Pitch me a stock.   Answer Question

Front Office Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through NYU career portal. First round was phone screen with basic questions on resume.
    Second was in person coding interview round.
    Third was with a VP based on financial concepts.
    Received an offer a week later. The interviewers were friendly and helping.