Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Interviews at Société Générale

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale in August 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. There were 4 rounds. First aptitude test, then Group discussion, technical interview and HR round. The process was one day on campus and results were out the same day.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they need you they will hire you

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

The interview process was rather unexpected since I had an appointment with the desk manager, but had three interviews in a row with 4 different people from this desk. So that even if it was quite unexpected, was rather efficient. The only remaining interview that I could not do on this day was the psychological test. The desk manager was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed. The interviews with the traders were precise and quite complete with technical questions as well as questions about me. Since the work hours are very long, they emphasize the fact that thepeople at the desk should get on well with each other.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers, who was not the one I had an appointement with, asked me at the end of the interview what his name was.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an employee. I was invited to go to their office one week after. I meet 5 nice people. I had to describe a lot my resume, what did I do in each of my internships and what did I learn at uni. I also had some brain teasers and some basic financial related questions like Black Scholes formula, greeks etc

Advisory Interview

Interview

I was contacted via Bloomberg, went through an interview in which I was asked several fit and technical questions, few brain teasers. The process was concluded with a case study.

Collateral Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

20 minutes wait because the manager was in a meeting; right off the bat a bad sign.. this shows how they don't vale your time. He thought of himself as CEO. Non typical interview and very unprofessional; profanity used while interviewing. Denied offer. Stay away from this place - Very bad hygiene as well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Back in the day it was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult at that time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Job was gotten through a recruiter with false promises. Would never have taken job if employed (was unemployed at the time)

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a tough process with a lot of screens (interviews, tests, etc.). The initial part was the easiest with a VP but the end of the process was tougher with more technical questions and tougher interviewers. Super Day was in NYC.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews; typical behavioral interview questions. What they want is someone who fits in the team and can be a good team player and brings value. Friendly environment.