Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale in June 2017.

Interview

It's a lengthy process. I applied for the position through LinkedIn and I got a call from recruiter. Then she submitted my profile and I got there feed back after a one and half month for the Telephonic round. It was an easy interview and straightforward. It lasted for 20 minutes and I got the feedback by the weekend so they want to do Skype interview. I prepared for the Skype, one the day of the interview they sent me a message saying they couldn't do Skype and they'll do telephonic instead. I said okay and the interview started but starting from the first question they weren't clear what they're asking. In between the interview they're discussing with each other what to ask and it clearly shows they are not prepared for the interview. The main issue was the Accent. I was interviewing for the position in NY but a french lady interviewed but I couldn't understand what she's speaking as the questions are mainly based on Linux I was not able to understand what she's is asking and there is a continuous disturbance in the call. Coming to questions I know the company work with traders but I'm pretty much technical person no where related to trading and stock, they're expecting in depth knowledge of stock market and trading. What's wrong with them? They have my resume and clearly explained my work experience and educational qualifications but they didn't ask at least one question related to it. They didn't sound like they are willing to do the interview. Working with this company is pretty much waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Linux commands, Networking, Scripting and Trading.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Apply through school, skype interview. The interviewer came from sales&trading and did not ask me a lot of resume questions and technical questions. The interviewer is nice but I think we stuck in the same question for too long and he did not have time to ask me other questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have a certain amount of money, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute first round interview via Skype followed by a super day (three 30 min interviews) 3 weeks later at their NY office that. Heard back a week and a half after.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting after meeting ~6 professionals at the firm. I first went through a phone call screening which was mainly fit questions and a few on the stock market and my interests. I later got to the superday, which was very easy. No technicals were asked to 90% of the attending candidates. Fun and very positive learning experience for a Sophomore! Absolutely great company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment. Tell me about yourself. Pitch me a stock.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Applied through OCR and got an on-campus interview within the following weeks. The interviewer introduced his position and experiences for a while. But he didn't ask many interview questions, and he basically just wanted to know why you are interested in the market and the company. The process was more likely self-oriented.

Interview Questions

• Going through your resume. And see how you fit in the position and company.   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was completely behavioral for me although a friend of mine interview the same day for the same position and his was very technical (Proving Black Scholes etc.) My interview went very well, or so I thought, I have never heard back from them. Questions were basic: Why SocGen? etc.

Interview Questions

• Why SocGen?
      Ninja vs. Pirate who will win? (I kid you not)
      I also had almost a year of experience at Credit Suisse so many questioned revolved around my previous role. you can definitely expect either "Tell me about yourself or Walk me through your Resume" (Very basic and should be expected with any interview)   1 Answer

Business Analyst (Accounting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Mostly fit. 3 weeks after the first round, I was called for the second round. I flew in for the second round as I was at a client location
    - I made it clear I have worked on Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and SAS. Those were also on my resume
    - I was not tested on any of those

HR Feedback: We're looking for someone with stonger SQL Skills. I offered to take a SQL test but did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• - How will you accomplish "this" (mostly those tasks that are a part of the job description)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview (many technical questions), one week later on-site interview which starts from talking about yourself, walking through resume, then asking many technical questions. Both interviews last around 45 minutes. It is better to be well prepared before the interview!

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an employee. I was invited to go to their office one week after. I meet 5 nice people. I had to describe a lot my resume, what did I do in each of my internships and what did I learn at uni. I also had some brain teasers and some basic financial related questions like Black Scholes formula, greeks etc