Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Analyst, Phone interview with Director, then interview in their office with the whole team. spoke about commodity market, fx market, prediction on interest rates

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute first round interview via Skype followed by a super day (three 30 min interviews) 3 weeks later at their NY office that. Heard back a week and a half after.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

FX Applications Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed by Head of IT Operations, assisted by lead developer, who conducted hour long interview on product and IT knowledge. Then teleconferenced to Business management representative for further questioning. After passing muster, then interviewed by Chief Technology Officer.

Interview Questions

• Which tables would I join to recreate a particular payment. How would I resolve a system outage.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I had two interviews. Both with the same woman. One was over the phone and one was in the Jersey City office- I forget her name. The assistant was very sweet and greeted me as I arrived.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university. Did an on-campus interview with someone from global markets, who discussed my prior experience, interest in finance, and knowledge of particular products. Gave me some background on the company, and the areas of S&T where SG performs well.

Next step was the super day. I met with a number of employees from different groups, who asked me about every aspect of my background, and prodded me on why I was interested in finance. There was a surprising lack of technical questions. With one person I got a crash course in the class of products that they deal with, and this functioned as a test for how quickly I could learn what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study chemistry if you want to work in banking?   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Applied through OCR and got an on-campus interview within the following weeks. The interviewer introduced his position and experiences for a while. But he didn't ask many interview questions, and he basically just wanted to know why you are interested in the market and the company. The process was more likely self-oriented.

Interview Questions

• Going through your resume. And see how you fit in the position and company.   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was completely behavioral for me although a friend of mine interview the same day for the same position and his was very technical (Proving Black Scholes etc.) My interview went very well, or so I thought, I have never heard back from them. Questions were basic: Why SocGen? etc.

Interview Questions

• Why SocGen?
      Ninja vs. Pirate who will win? (I kid you not)
      I also had almost a year of experience at Credit Suisse so many questioned revolved around my previous role. you can definitely expect either "Tell me about yourself or Walk me through your Resume" (Very basic and should be expected with any interview)
      1 Answer

Business Analyst (Accounting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Mostly fit. 3 weeks after the first round, I was called for the second round. I flew in for the second round as I was at a client location
    - I made it clear I have worked on Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and SAS. Those were also on my resume
    - I was not tested on any of those

HR Feedback: We're looking for someone with stonger SQL Skills. I offered to take a SQL test but did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• - How will you accomplish "this" (mostly those tasks that are a part of the job description)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

2 sets of interviews: the first one with the group manager and his deputy to assess my French skills and the second one with HR. Basic background questions. Had to take a Xcel test.