Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a interview for the structured finance team of the CIB division - Corporate and Institutional Banking - With a phone assessment where I was asked to describe both my academic background and my previous professional experience. Then I received by email a question sheet about project finance valuationg and i was asked to deliver the excel model and the answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• How to model an amortisation bond structure with costant debt serviving and floating costs and revenues   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale in September 2017.

Interview

Aptitude + Group Discussion + Technical + HR Rounds ! Test was split into 25 aptitude questions and 25 technical questions that were to be answered in 75 minutes ! Technical questions were VERY TOUGH ! Mostly focussed on OOPS(C++) and few from CN , DBMS ! Only EXTREMELY GOOD programmers would have been able to crack the technical questions !

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale in June 2017.

Interview

It's a lengthy process. I applied for the position through LinkedIn and I got a call from recruiter. Then she submitted my profile and I got there feed back after a one and half month for the Telephonic round. It was an easy interview and straightforward. It lasted for 20 minutes and I got the feedback by the weekend so they want to do Skype interview. I prepared for the Skype, one the day of the interview they sent me a message saying they couldn't do Skype and they'll do telephonic instead. I said okay and the interview started but starting from the first question they weren't clear what they're asking. In between the interview they're discussing with each other what to ask and it clearly shows they are not prepared for the interview. The main issue was the Accent. I was interviewing for the position in NY but a french lady interviewed but I couldn't understand what she's speaking as the questions are mainly based on Linux I was not able to understand what she's is asking and there is a continuous disturbance in the call. Coming to questions I know the company work with traders but I'm pretty much technical person no where related to trading and stock, they're expecting in depth knowledge of stock market and trading. What's wrong with them? They have my resume and clearly explained my work experience and educational qualifications but they didn't ask at least one question related to it. They didn't sound like they are willing to do the interview. Working with this company is pretty much waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Linux commands, Networking, Scripting and Trading.   Answer Question

M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with 4 people and the interview was 1.5 hours long. Almost all technical questions bar 'tell me about yourself', zero interest in motivations or FIT. My interviewers were unfriendly and patronising. While this was an internship position...they expected you to come in with the experience of an analyst. If you're an excellent modeller but extremely rude and arrogant then SG is an excellent fit for you. If you're a human being with feelings...search elsewhere!

Production Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Technical discussion followed by HR and counterpart round
    Technical discussion followed by HR and counterpart roundTechnical discussion followed by HR and counterpart round

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

there is a lot of intern in france who are applying all the time on the socgen website, so the competition is hard and the interviews are quite difficult.

Interview Questions

• what is the vega sensitivity of a best of call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, it was an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

TRAINEE: Management Support Unit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2017.

Interview

Resume screening, then received an email from the HR office scheduling a face-to-face interview. Interview was scheduled 3days after the informed date. It was a 1:1 interview in a comfortable atmosphere. The interview went on for an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your excel vba skills?   1 Answer
    • What kind of researches have you conducted? And how did you make the qualitative analysis?   1 Answer

S S E(Senior Software Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1.Face to face interview ...

2. Two technical rounds....
    3. 1 managerial round...
    4. 1 Hr Round ...

Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2017.

Interview

A coding test followed by an interview with a team leader and associate. The team leader very briefly introduced the role and the team and let me to introduce myself. After that, he asked me about any development experience that I had and drilled quite deep for those experience. The second half of the interview was about OO design. You need to be familiar with the OO concepts because the interviewer will trick you. And for a few questions I do not think they make much sense because the interviewer was not well prepared and he wanted you not being able to answer correctly. The last question is a brain teaser follwed by Q&A. During Q&A, for every questions that I asked, the interviewer never replied in detail with fewer than two sentences. This seems so unprofessional.