Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with 4 people and the interview was 1.5 hours long. Almost all technical questions bar 'tell me about yourself', zero interest in motivations or FIT. My interviewers were unfriendly and patronising. While this was an internship position...they expected you to come in with the experience of an analyst. If you're an excellent modeller but extremely rude and arrogant then SG is an excellent fit for you. If you're a human being with feelings...search elsewhere!

Production Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Technical discussion followed by HR and counterpart round
    Technical discussion followed by HR and counterpart roundTechnical discussion followed by HR and counterpart round

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

there is a lot of intern in france who are applying all the time on the socgen website, so the competition is hard and the interviews are quite difficult.

Interview Questions

• what is the vega sensitivity of a best of call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, it was an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2017.

Interview

First round was online test. Then they called for second round itpl Bangalore. There were 50-100 people in queue. I reached around 10 am. Got chance for interview round around 12.30 waited for 2.30 hour ? No proper management. They don't provide food or refreshments. Interview was good. Got selected for next round. For food we paid some amount. Waited for again 1.30 hour. Final round was OK OK . they asked us to leave.
    Worst thing about this company is, they don't provide parking facilities. You have to use pay parking which will charge you 15 RS per hour. Because of worst management I already spent 6 hours so I paid 90 RS for parking . it seems its way of earning from interview

Stagiaire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Entretien pour un poste en informatique
    Appel et entretien avec technicien et RH.
    Les questions abordées étaient surtout axées sur la motivation en informatique, pourquoi ce domaine puis quelques questions sur le langage utilisé, les projets réalisées

trader-bond desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 J'ai postulé via le site internet.
    2 J'ai recu un email du manager pour un entretien telephonique( question general et questions vba)
    3 entretien telephonique avec 4 membre de son equipe dont un a londres ( entretien technique autour du bond)
    4 entretien telephonique avec le manager de nouveau
    5 entretien physique sur place à la defense ( entretien extremement technique avec des exercices vba)
    PS: J'etais au US du process 1 a 4

Interview Questions

• bond ? comment on price le bond? qu'es qui influe le bond ? effet de l'inflation ? le repo ? different produit structure ac un bond ? exercices vba   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 - Techical round of interview -
    very depth -
    Java basic and advanced
    Spring Hibernate
    Angular , node js
    Maven , bower
    Oracle , DB
    took almost 2.5 hrs .
     It was very good and interviewer was very friendly.
    Overall it was good experiance.

Interview Questions

• 1) DB Questions
      2) Java Spring , Hibernate uni directional Many to Many
      3) Designing chess game - High level design
      Answer Question

Structurer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

I've applied online for an off-cycle internship in Paris. I received an interview 2 weeks later. It was in a meeting room next to the trading floor. There were 2 structurers interviewing me. Most questions are purely technical. Few behavior questions. They've asked me a lot of questions about bonds and options. They don't care about what you did before.

FX Applications Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed by Head of IT Operations, assisted by lead developer, who conducted hour long interview on product and IT knowledge. Then teleconferenced to Business management representative for further questioning. After passing muster, then interviewed by Chief Technology Officer.

Interview Questions

• Which tables would I join to recreate a particular payment. How would I resolve a system outage.   Answer Question