Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Analyse Suivi de marché Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

J'ai postulé sur le site de la Société Générale et j'ai été appelé pour un entretien dans les locaux.
    Celui-ci était dirigé par 2 opérationnels et a duré environ 1h

Interview Questions

• - Définitions des produits financiers : forward, future, options, obligations
      - Formules de pricing
      - Greeks : delta, gamma
      - Mesures de risques : VaR, stress test
      - Hypothèses et limites du Black and Scholes model
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

Process Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

aptitude: accounts questions, balance sheet, p & l accounts
    GD : current burning topics like Budget, surgical strike, women empowerment
    Technical: derivatives, NSE, BSE, money market
    HR: info about u like schooling, college, hobbies, interests.

Just be confident. thats the key to your success. even if u don't know the answer just say politely the u don't know

Interview Questions

• basic stuffs about u and some technical questions of your syllabus   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Once with a lieutenant, and one with the person whom would eventually be my boss. The first phone call focused on my knowledge of equity derivatives and opinions on VBA and C# development. The second interview repeated the first and primarily asked when I would leave the job I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• If a company declares a dividend, what happens to the stock price?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Interview was basically, we're offering you money, do you accept?

Analyste M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

entretien rh / étude de cas / 2 entretiens avec des analystes
    une étude de cas sur un groupe, où il faut analyser des ratios .
    puis échange sur le cas avec les analystes

Interview Questions

• pourquoi la so gé ?
      Pourquoi le m&a?
      les qualités requises?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Je n'ai pas vraiment négocier

COO Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanterre (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Nanterre (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent an email with my application for the position, the next day I received a call from the interviewer and scheduled an interview for the following week.
    The interview process was fast, it took no more than 1 1/2 hours, it involved a brief presentation of the position and the functions. Next, the interviewer asked me to present my profile and made general questions concerning my CV, followed by a logical reasoning question. At the end I had the chance to pose questions to the previous intern about his job and tasks.
    I was told that they would be in touch in case I was selected for the position, unfortunately that was not the case. However, the overall process was positive and I would be willing to apply again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

it has 3 rounds , in the first round it was all about my cv and little basic coding questions.be sure about everything you have written in your cv,especially if have written something about database they will surely stress on it even a single word of it is mentioned.
    2nd round is hr type with some object oriented programming basics questions.
    3rd round is typical coding questions
    similar to that of geeks for geeks questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was a service based job, so the want to convince good student towards their need though his expertise is not in that

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview was with onshore partners and senior management. There were three rounds with first being with local management and HR followed by onshore head of credit in Asia and then Global head of credit.

Interview Questions

• Various industries I have experience in and rating related matters for these industries   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was long and I got the offer after a mon

Chef de projet RH en alternance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2016.

Interview

processus classique : Curriculum Vitae + lettre de motivation + entretien téléphonique + entretien physique avec plusieurs personnes (deux personnes) + acceptation par mail puis par appel téléphonique + intégration dans l'entreprise

En résumé : un processus classique

Interview Questions

• Questions classiques : motivations, compétences, aspirations professionnelles.   Answer Question

trader-bond desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 J'ai postulé via le site internet.
    2 J'ai recu un email du manager pour un entretien telephonique( question general et questions vba)
    3 entretien telephonique avec 4 membre de son equipe dont un a londres ( entretien technique autour du bond)
    4 entretien telephonique avec le manager de nouveau
    5 entretien physique sur place à la defense ( entretien extremement technique avec des exercices vba)
    PS: J'etais au US du process 1 a 4

Interview Questions

• bond ? comment on price le bond? qu'es qui influe le bond ? effet de l'inflation ? le repo ? different produit structure ac un bond ? exercices vba   Answer Question