Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university. Did an on-campus interview with someone from global markets, who discussed my prior experience, interest in finance, and knowledge of particular products. Gave me some background on the company, and the areas of S&T where SG performs well.

Next step was the super day. I met with a number of employees from different groups, who asked me about every aspect of my background, and prodded me on why I was interested in finance. There was a surprising lack of technical questions. With one person I got a crash course in the class of products that they deal with, and this functioned as a test for how quickly I could learn what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study chemistry if you want to work in banking?   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Applied through OCR and got an on-campus interview within the following weeks. The interviewer introduced his position and experiences for a while. But he didn't ask many interview questions, and he basically just wanted to know why you are interested in the market and the company. The process was more likely self-oriented.

Interview Questions

• Going through your resume. And see how you fit in the position and company.   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was completely behavioral for me although a friend of mine interview the same day for the same position and his was very technical (Proving Black Scholes etc.) My interview went very well, or so I thought, I have never heard back from them. Questions were basic: Why SocGen? etc.

Interview Questions

• Why SocGen?
      Ninja vs. Pirate who will win? (I kid you not)
      I also had almost a year of experience at Credit Suisse so many questioned revolved around my previous role. you can definitely expect either "Tell me about yourself or Walk me through your Resume" (Very basic and should be expected with any interview)
      1 Answer

Business Analyst (Accounting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Mostly fit. 3 weeks after the first round, I was called for the second round. I flew in for the second round as I was at a client location
    - I made it clear I have worked on Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and SAS. Those were also on my resume
    - I was not tested on any of those

HR Feedback: We're looking for someone with stonger SQL Skills. I offered to take a SQL test but did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• - How will you accomplish "this" (mostly those tasks that are a part of the job description)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

2 sets of interviews: the first one with the group manager and his deputy to assess my French skills and the second one with HR. Basic background questions. Had to take a Xcel test.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on University website, received email from HR to fill out online application, spoke with senior management, spoke with associate. feedback was very prompt, hr was very friendly and helpful. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• -tell me about yourself
      -how do you stay organized
      -how do you ensure efficiency/prioritize work
      -what do you want to do in the next 5 years
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview (many technical questions), one week later on-site interview which starts from talking about yourself, walking through resume, then asking many technical questions. Both interviews last around 45 minutes. It is better to be well prepared before the interview!

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an employee. I was invited to go to their office one week after. I meet 5 nice people. I had to describe a lot my resume, what did I do in each of my internships and what did I learn at uni. I also had some brain teasers and some basic financial related questions like Black Scholes formula, greeks etc

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Was selected for pre-screening phone call, heavily technical no behavior questions at all. Make sure to know everything about financial statements and valuation methods. Interviewer was part of the Leveraged Financing team, not very welcoming.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for an on campus interview. Got one. 30 minute behavior interview (tell me about yourself, why soc gen). The got invited to superday in NYC. Two twenty minute, behavioral interviews, depending on what departments you interview with.