Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview (many technical questions), one week later on-site interview which starts from talking about yourself, walking through resume, then asking many technical questions. Both interviews last around 45 minutes. It is better to be well prepared before the interview!

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an employee. I was invited to go to their office one week after. I meet 5 nice people. I had to describe a lot my resume, what did I do in each of my internships and what did I learn at uni. I also had some brain teasers and some basic financial related questions like Black Scholes formula, greeks etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Was selected for pre-screening phone call, heavily technical no behavior questions at all. Make sure to know everything about financial statements and valuation methods. Interviewer was part of the Leveraged Financing team, not very welcoming.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for an on campus interview. Got one. 30 minute behavior interview (tell me about yourself, why soc gen). The got invited to superday in NYC. Two twenty minute, behavioral interviews, depending on what departments you interview with.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus, got an invite after a few weeks and had to choose a time slot of 30 minutes. the interview was very easy going and casual. only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• A ninja and a pirate fight who wins? Why SG? Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round on the phone only lasted about 10 minutes. Expected questions like "why a bank" and "why SG". Second round in person-more of a culture fit interview. Asked a lot about extra curricular activities and about what I could bring to them. Since this is my first internship, I did not have any previous experience and they were understanding of that. Final round was super day with two 20 minute interviews. One with production team-asked about networking, shell scripting, UNIX. Second one with business analyst which was all behavioral.

Global Business Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews with mainly behavioral questions. On site interview followed by on site super day. On site super day was more technical questions, but nothing too bad.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with a college alum. I then went onto the second round, which was another phone interview. They were all behavioral and asked the general questions like why finance, why did you pick you school, do you follow current events. I was then invited to the Super Day in NY and had two interviews. It was kind of hectic and the interviews were more conversational than anything. They didn't really know what to ask you. Received an offer within the next two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview with two people, and they asked about relevant experiences and resume related questions. It was nerve wracking but otherwise not so bad. No technical questions really but there was a hypothetical.

Interview Questions

• How can you work to resolve the discrepancy between risk management and investment?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview in January, 2 weeks later an in person interview. Now I am interviewing for the final super day which are two 20 minute interviews.
    For my first two interviews, interviewers helped me feel comfortable and asked simple questions about my previous experience and about myself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why SG?
      Tell me about your previous work?
      What is your weakness and strength?
      Questions about my extracurricular activity and volunteer work   Answer Question