Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.9

Futures Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with the managing director who asked some personal questions. Asked about Excel and my French proficiency. Made me feel welcome and like I was a part of the team. Asked me to come back for a second interview with his superiors, which I accepted with gratitude. Very prompt in answering my questions via email as well.

Onboarding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called by 2 recruiters that thought I would be the perfect fit for the role. The interview was very short, 20 minutes. Very easy behavioral questions. I though the older manager was very nice and professional. He made me feel really good about the interview. The younger manager was a little grumpy and gave me the impression of being annoyed with my responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you deal with a moment when something is going wrong?
      Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

one on one with the hiring manager with a written test. After the first round you meet with the hiring manager's boss and then the CIO. If you get to this stage then all is pretty much set. The recruiter negotiated the salary.

Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

the first interview is phone. the second round is the on site. It is just very regular interviews, nothing is very special. the on site interview you have to talk with each team member and the hiring manager. The peers' opinions are important but the decision is made by the hiring manager.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a typical structure with assessments, two rounds of specific interviews, and one on - the- job work day. We looked at credit scores on customers and discussed how we would approach the underwriting process for each situation along with the likelihood of problems in the process of collecting.

Vice President - Financing Specialist Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview, each about two - three weeks apart. Each round was 2 interviews in-person at their office. Some of the questions were behavioral, some were technical. Interviews were with NY and Paris team members. Negotiating process was with HR. Overall, pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

very technical with silly questions and the people who interviewed me seemed out of touch with client coverage and market conventions. They were also all guys, mostly French, maybe because I am female, who knows. I was on the trading floor then went to what they called GLFI, whatever that means, on a higher floor.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work for SG   1 Answer

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone call interview followed up by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of programming questions in Visual Basic following a brief summary about my past experiences. I didn't get the position because of VBA deficiencies.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2015.

Interview

The begging of the interview was very professional and very well coordinated. I had two rounds and all meetings were scheduled within a week. I had multiple interactions with HR and it seemed like I had an offer coming in very shortly. Then, I haven't heard from SG for over a month. I decided to follow up and was told that I did not get a job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were surrounded around the resume and my experience.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interview rounds and took me 2 months process

First round was on an campus interview,don't lose hope when you are rejected for the first round.It was very interactive session followed up previous exp questions and behavioral questions with team management.

Next two were telephonic rounds each lasted for 30 mins more of technical on java,algorithms

Interview Questions

• 1.what is binary tree?

2.How to write a class