Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

one on one with the hiring manager with a written test. After the first round you meet with the hiring manager's boss and then the CIO. If you get to this stage then all is pretty much set. The recruiter negotiated the salary.

Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

the first interview is phone. the second round is the on site. It is just very regular interviews, nothing is very special. the on site interview you have to talk with each team member and the hiring manager. The peers' opinions are important but the decision is made by the hiring manager.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a typical structure with assessments, two rounds of specific interviews, and one on - the- job work day. We looked at credit scores on customers and discussed how we would approach the underwriting process for each situation along with the likelihood of problems in the process of collecting.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview, each about two - three weeks apart. Each round was 2 interviews in-person at their office. Some of the questions were behavioral, some were technical. Interviews were with NY and Paris team members. Negotiating process was with HR. Overall, pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

very technical with silly questions and the people who interviewed me seemed out of touch with client coverage and market conventions. They were also all guys, mostly French, maybe because I am female, who knows. I was on the trading floor then went to what they called GLFI, whatever that means, on a higher floor.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work for SG   1 Answer

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone call interview followed up by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of programming questions in Visual Basic following a brief summary about my past experiences. I didn't get the position because of VBA deficiencies.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A few calls and then one or two meetings in NYC. A mix of technical and personal questions. Got phone interviews and a meeting with a senior guy in a bar in New York.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2015.

Interview

The begging of the interview was very professional and very well coordinated. I had two rounds and all meetings were scheduled within a week. I had multiple interactions with HR and it seemed like I had an offer coming in very shortly. Then, I haven't heard from SG for over a month. I decided to follow up and was told that I did not get a job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were surrounded around the resume and my experience.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interview rounds and took me 2 months process

First round was on an campus interview,don't lose hope when you are rejected for the first round.It was very interactive session followed up previous exp questions and behavioral questions with team management.

Next two were telephonic rounds each lasted for 30 mins more of technical on java,algorithms

Interview Questions

• 1.what is binary tree?

2.How to write a class

3.What are differences between constructor and class   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to your interview you rank what areas you would like to work in. The choices are Investment/Corporate banking, Markets, or Operations. It's not guaranteed that you'll get an interview with someone in the area you listed first. Then there is a preliminary phone or in-person one on one interview followed by a Superday at their office. During the Superday you'll interview with two or three people from different teams. All of them can want to hire you so I recommend not accepting the first person who calls right away if there was another area you'd rather work. The process is a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Your typical behavior questions and a few technicals. Not very challenging compared to bulge brackets.   Answer Question