Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to your interview you rank what areas you would like to work in. The choices are Investment/Corporate banking, Markets, or Operations. It's not guaranteed that you'll get an interview with someone in the area you listed first. Then there is a preliminary phone or in-person one on one interview followed by a Superday at their office. During the Superday you'll interview with two or three people from different teams. All of them can want to hire you so I recommend not accepting the first person who calls right away if there was another area you'd rather work. The process is a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Your typical behavior questions and a few technicals. Not very challenging compared to bulge brackets.   Answer Question

Regulatory Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a referral. The interview process took about a week. After first phone interview with HR, I was invited to Chicago office for an in-person interview. Met with two managers in the team.

Interview Questions

• We went through my resume, talked about my skills and personality.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was 30 mins first round. The nature of the round was behavioral and resume based. 20 mins interviewer interviewed n later told about the company. Later after the first round one round was telephonic round. Second round came after 3 weeks after the first round but the round is easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions like tell about yourself past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Fixed Income Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Société Générale in February 2015.

Interview

This interview was fairly low stress and casual. They asked why I wanted to work there and questions about my background. I had three different interviews. One with HR, one with fixed income, and one with risk management

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position I received an email stating that I would have a phone interview. The interview was about 20 minutes with questions about my knowledge in my major, as well as current events. The next round was Super Day, which requires potential interns to interview with multiple teams for about 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Current events, why I chose my school, my major, why I am interested in working for the company, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university, overall I think the questions were fair but I was underprepared. Definitely got some points for explaining my thought process. I interviewed with a VP at the bank. He was really nice about me flopping on some of the technical questions and the rest of the fit questions seemed pretty standard (walk me through your resume, three strengths, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What happens to the three financial statements if depreciation expense increases by $10?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in February 2015.

Interview

On campus first round - mostly behavioral, they try to gauge your interest in the financial world.
    Final round on site - 3 interviews with different groups, combination of both technical and behavioral.
    They are a little slow with the process overall but the experience is fine.

Interview Questions

• Current market / macroeconomic status questions, generic behaviorals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round is a 30 minutes on campus interview; and the second round is a "Super Day" in company site. The interviewers are really friendly and the interviews are basically really conversational. Questions that have been asked are all behavior questions, no technical questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview about basic accounting and valuation
    They asked about walking through three financial statements, why soc gen, why investment banking, valuation methods, how $10 depreciation flows through three financial statements
    Invited to super day. Interviewed with 3 different banking groups including M&A, Syndicated Loans, and LevFin. Each group was interviewing separately so it's possible to mess up one interview and still get the offer from another group

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you look at when looking to lend money to a company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was on-campus with 3 interviewers as a group. Then a phone interview with someone at the NJ office. Then Super Day at the Chicago office. Generally easy questions, a few technicals about computer science from one of the interviewers regarding object-orientation and regression. Got asked to explain the difference between investment banks and commercial banks.