Société Générale Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by an interview at their New York office. Overall a really great experience, mostly behavioral with one or two brainteasers. Otherwise, we discussed my resume, past research projects I had worked on, and the company culture.

Interview Questions

• If you have 10 cars, with 10 gallons in each car, and each gallon will allow a car to travel one mile, what is the furthest distance you can travel?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with at least 5 individuals, and HR. Provided my W2 and Last 2 patstubs. They knew my current salary prior to my first interview and came back with an offer 15K lower than my current salary. The management and people interviewing me were very nice and knowledgable. However their HR department needs to up reevaluate market standards and compensation basics. Dont waste your time .

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute first round interview via Skype followed by a super day (three 30 min interviews) 3 weeks later at their NY office that. Heard back a week and a half after.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting after meeting ~6 professionals at the firm. I first went through a phone call screening which was mainly fit questions and a few on the stock market and my interests. I later got to the superday, which was very easy. No technicals were asked to 90% of the attending candidates. Fun and very positive learning experience for a Sophomore! Absolutely great company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment. Tell me about yourself. Pitch me a stock.   Answer Question

Front Office Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through NYU career portal. First round was phone screen with basic questions on resume.
    Second was in person coding interview round.
    Third was with a VP based on financial concepts.
    Received an offer a week later. The interviewers were friendly and helping.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Average interview, asked me typical interview questions. (Tell me more about yourself, in which school do you go to, what are you strengths...).
    The negative point is that the HR is not very cooperative and does not tell you if you get the position or not, you have to wait for weeks and to follow up so that they finally inform you about their decision.

FX Applications Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed by Head of IT Operations, assisted by lead developer, who conducted hour long interview on product and IT knowledge. Then teleconferenced to Business management representative for further questioning. After passing muster, then interviewed by Chief Technology Officer.

Interview Questions

• Which tables would I join to recreate a particular payment. How would I resolve a system outage.   Answer Question

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university. Did an on-campus interview with someone from global markets, who discussed my prior experience, interest in finance, and knowledge of particular products. Gave me some background on the company, and the areas of S&T where SG performs well.

Next step was the super day. I met with a number of employees from different groups, who asked me about every aspect of my background, and prodded me on why I was interested in finance. There was a surprising lack of technical questions. With one person I got a crash course in the class of products that they deal with, and this functioned as a test for how quickly I could learn what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study chemistry if you want to work in banking?   Answer Question

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was completely behavioral for me although a friend of mine interview the same day for the same position and his was very technical (Proving Black Scholes etc.) My interview went very well, or so I thought, I have never heard back from them. Questions were basic: Why SocGen? etc.

Interview Questions

• Why SocGen?
      Ninja vs. Pirate who will win? (I kid you not)
      I also had almost a year of experience at Credit Suisse so many questioned revolved around my previous role. you can definitely expect either "Tell me about yourself or Walk me through your Resume" (Very basic and should be expected with any interview)   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

2 sets of interviews: the first one with the group manager and his deputy to assess my French skills and the second one with HR. Basic background questions. Had to take a Xcel test.