Société Générale Interview Questions in Paris, France | Glassdoor

2.9

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)).

Interview

Quite quick and efficient. I cannot really remember specific questions, but I only met 2 professionals and one HR. A psychological computer based assessment was used - careful - this is eliminatory!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

i saw this position on wechat, some person posted in a group. I sent an e-mail and got a phone call next day. They gave me an appointment for interview. It's a technical interview. I was given a computer and needed to figure out some vba problem. It was taken 75 minutes. No introduction, no other questions.

COO Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanterre (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Nanterre (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent an email with my application for the position, the next day I received a call from the interviewer and scheduled an interview for the following week.
    The interview process was fast, it took no more than 1 1/2 hours, it involved a brief presentation of the position and the functions. Next, the interviewer asked me to present my profile and made general questions concerning my CV, followed by a logical reasoning question. At the end I had the chance to pose questions to the previous intern about his job and tasks.
    I was told that they would be in touch in case I was selected for the position, unfortunately that was not the case. However, the overall process was positive and I would be willing to apply again.

Structurer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

I've applied online for an off-cycle internship in Paris. I received an interview 2 weeks later. It was in a meeting room next to the trading floor. There were 2 structurers interviewing me. Most questions are purely technical. Few behavior questions. They've asked me a lot of questions about bonds and options. They don't care about what you did before.

Equity Derivatives Structurer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)).

Interview

I 've been interviewed by several people, all part of the EQD structuring team (retail). I've been asked mainly technical questions on pricing. Very few motivation questions.
    - Pricing methodology of options on risk control indices

Interview Questions

• - Model impacts (vol/rate/correlation) on standard structured products (autocallable/worst of put/ down& in puts)
      - Pricing methodology of options on risk control indices
      - Description of smoothing methodologies   Answer Question

Inspecteur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in April 2016.

Interview

At the beginning you receive a numerical and personality online test (SHL On demand). Next you will be invited to an Assessment Center. In the morning session you have to take a verbal test (Similar to GMAT CR), a group discussion with an MD and a HR interview, during which you receive your results for the verbal test.
    If you were successful, you will pass on to the afternoon session. This included a group case study with presentation and a writing exercise, which required you to synthesize 10 short to medium-sized articles on a similar subject within 2 hours.
    The last step is a short presentation about a random subject followed by a 30-40 minutes discussion with senior interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Is this job something you feel passionate about?
      Why do you consider banking as an interesting industry to work in compared to most students preference for Google and others?   Answer Question

Intern (Top French B School) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interview rounds. The interviews were for a technical role in Markets. It was really technical and included questions about BS model, Exotic Options etc. The most interesting fact was that one could answer most mathematical questions with assistance of the interviewer. I learned a lot during interviews themselves.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

I didn't have a HR interview since I was recommanded by a former team member of the project.

Direct interview with the managers. We talked about my past experience for about 20mins.

Then they describe the position and asked if I had any questions about the missions.

I had a few (since the former employee already presented me the project) and the interviewer knew that I was prepared for the interview.

Teradata Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call me to know if I was interested by Teradata mission for big customer
    Customer needs Teradata expert for Expert skills center inside company to help projects
    I did explain my experience could help customer and was close to his expectations

Interview Questions

• All kind around Teradata technology and my previous experiences   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a mail for my first phone interview. I answered by the day I will be available. I received the call that day, it last for a hour, starting by a presentation, and what project i am working in currently. Then he asked me some question about my background and what I did exactly in each of my last internships. Then he asked me about derivatives, and greeks options. Then brainstorming. Finally, he told me that I am going to receive a call from his collegue for another interview. A week later, I received call they invited me to come for a 1:1 interview in their office.