Société Générale Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

3.2

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screening with general questions and technical questions, one hour interview then one to two hours programming interview on a desktop including problems of increasing level of difficulty.

Phone screening was a formality to validate the motivation and understanding of the position. On site you meet with different members of the team and visit the trading floor; after the technical interview if everything goes well you have an additional one on one with traders you will be working with

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions related to experience with technical questions and feedback about technology choices   Answer Question

Negotiation

No much room for negociation

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was nothing, it was just like you are selling yourself on olx. The first telephonic round was fine. But the next round was f2f and that round was interviewed by the same lady who was taken my telephonic. It went for just 10 min and sshe just asked what all things you worked on. After that she asked me to wait for some time. I waited around 20-30 min and then interviewer came. He asked me to brief introduction. After that he asked me about my project. I explained then then he asked some questions from project. After that he asked me why should I hire you as you are from telecome background and this company is in fully banking domain, then I had explained few points then he asked me expected CTC. After that he stared bargaining that why you want this much hike even I can hire a candidate from JPMC with less than your expected CTC. Then I was wondering how come these people shortlisted my resume if they want the candidate from banking domain. After that I can back and realize that I simply wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions from the project and what is my expected CTC.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good . There are 3 round . First round is technical e.g.- java basic,performance based,hibernate basic, database releated question.
    Second round is technical+ managerial.
    All related to resume and past experience.
    Be prepared for database question and also for job description for which you are going for interview.
    Third round are hr . Basically behavioural question. Salary is already predefined here. all interviewer were good and made interview process compertable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Société Générale (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First round was online test. Questions were asked from aptitude and basic c programming. Then it is followed by two technical rounds and an HR round.overall it was a good Experiance

Interview Questions

• Are you fit for this company?
      How wil u learn new concepts
      How will u approach a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview was on Saturday at 2pm. I reached the venue on time. But they dont manage time properly. the candidates who's interview was at 10am, they had it around 12pm. My turn came at 4.30pm,(waited for 2.30 hrs). Looks like interviewer was on hurry, so he asked basics about core java and told leave for the day. he didn't even ask single question to write any programs.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Chennai (India)).

Interview

4 rounds. Everything was fine. But HR or my point of contact person delaying the joining after releasing offer. In offer there was one date to join. So negotiated my relieving from my current organisation. But on joining date when I went to the location they are saying that BGV was still pending. So we will update you once completed. They should updated this very before. Not on DOJ.This really lost my hope and standardness of SoC Gen. It's very hard to reach my poc. Even he is not updating any status prior. Really very very negative experience. For past 20 days I am in my native without any idea. So going to wait for 2 more days. Then let me choose my way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very poor interview process. I was called at 12 noon at their Banagalore office. The interview staryed at 2:30 PM. I had realised by then that I don't want to work at a place where time is not valued.

Interview Questions

• First round was online coding. 40 was passing score, I managed 79.
      Second round was f2f...
      1. Sort a stack.
      2. Remove duplicates from the array without using any additional collection.
      3. Java 8 based questions.
      They basically ask everything you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2017.

Interview

First round was online test. Then they called for second round itpl Bangalore. There were 50-100 people in queue. I reached around 10 am. Got chance for interview round around 12.30 waited for 2.30 hour ? No proper management. They don't provide food or refreshments. Interview was good. Got selected for next round. For food we paid some amount. Waited for again 1.30 hour. Final round was OK OK . they asked us to leave.
    Worst thing about this company is, they don't provide parking facilities. You have to use pay parking which will charge you 15 RS per hour. Because of worst management I already spent 6 hours so I paid 90 RS for parking . it seems its way of earning from interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitefield (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale (Whitefield (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The experience was really bad. I had a first round in bellandur office. Second round was in whitefield office next week. I stay at koramangala. I reached there at 2 pm. I waited in the reception for 1 hour. It seemed like they were not expecting me there. As it seemed like an endless wait, i went to a person and told that i had a second round interview scheduled. They were not having any clue about the first round. They didnt hve a feedback from first round.Then they took my resume. I waited for another half an hour. One guy called for interview. He seemed very less confident. He asked about my current project for 5 min . Then told you can move to second round. Again after waiting for some time, by about 4.15 pm, i was called for interview. 2 people came together and wrapped it in 10 min. They seemed in a hurry to get it done and go home. They asked basic one line questions about things in my resume. Ideally it was supposed to discussion which would last min 30 min. They finished it. After that one hr came and told interview process is over. They asked me do a survey about interview process in survey monkey. I did that and that was it. End Of Story. Needless to say, i am not expecting a callback.

Interview Questions

• How many servletcontexts in a webapplication?
      What happens on logout?
      How session timeout configured in web application?
      How does microservice discovery work in mocroservices ?
      Mechanism of JWT?
      Difference between microservices and SOA architecture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. First I got a link to an online exam, 7 questions, 2 were about half an hor long rest were 2 to 5 minutes.
    I wasn't expecting that I would be called for next round, but I got the call for F2F round.
    F2F round was horrible, total unprofessional-ism. Interviewer came running and Interview started. Questions were average but he was looking for bookish definitions. Then he gave some problem solving questions. He wasn't very clear on the scope in which question should be solved. The classic case of my way or high way, The most annoying part was that he was not interested in listening to the thought process. He had a single answer in his mind. If you can't provide then you are not good enough.
    In the end I was happy to be rejected. We learn a lot from the interviews which we can't clear, sadly I can't say the same about this interview.