Société Générale Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screening with general questions and technical questions, one hour interview then one to two hours programming interview on a desktop including problems of increasing level of difficulty.

Phone screening was a formality to validate the motivation and understanding of the position. On site you meet with different members of the team and visit the trading floor; after the technical interview if everything goes well you have an additional one on one with traders you will be working with

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions related to experience with technical questions and feedback about technology choices   Answer Question

Negotiation

No much room for negociation

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2017.

Interview

First round was online test. Then they called for second round itpl Bangalore. There were 50-100 people in queue. I reached around 10 am. Got chance for interview round around 12.30 waited for 2.30 hour ? No proper management. They don't provide food or refreshments. Interview was good. Got selected for next round. For food we paid some amount. Waited for again 1.30 hour. Final round was OK OK . they asked us to leave.
    Worst thing about this company is, they don't provide parking facilities. You have to use pay parking which will charge you 15 RS per hour. Because of worst management I already spent 6 hours so I paid 90 RS for parking . it seems its way of earning from interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Worst process.Interviewer doesn't even ask to introduce myself.Straight away he started asking questions.He seemed to be dissatisfied with whatever I say.My co interviewees who attended also experienced more or less similar experience.i doubt if they really have any open position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

it has 3 rounds , in the first round it was all about my cv and little basic coding questions.be sure about everything you have written in your cv,especially if have written something about database they will surely stress on it even a single word of it is mentioned.
    2nd round is hr type with some object oriented programming basics questions.
    3rd round is typical coding questions
    similar to that of geeks for geeks questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was a service based job, so the want to convince good student towards their need though his expertise is not in that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called for a weekend interview at Societe Generale Bangalore . many people were called . two technical rounds were taken.2nd round lasted for 2 hours . Afterwards there was managerial round.Then HR said she would mail some documents and i can leave for the day. almost 2 weeks have passed since i sent documents but no updates.technical panel was friendly and checking knowledge in depth .But interview process and HR process is really pathetic

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale in April 2016.

Interview

Called for weekend schedule,
    Interviewers attitude was really bad.he took my interview in open workstation. He asks question and chat with some security guard 💂. And the way he poses is really annoying. The interview was like freshers interview. Around 5 silly questions he has asked and said i am done. given no value for candidates time. Interview was for wpf, where as he asked few silly c# and one sql.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process comprised of 4 rounds. 2 technical, managerial and hr. 1st interview round was fairly simple with basic JAVA questions. But the interviewer covered almost all the topics in core java.
    In advanced JAVA it was more about the flow of frameworks. 2nd round was asked about serializable and RESTful webservices as i had mentioned it on CV. Managerial round was a good discussion about why you quitting your current organisation and why you want to choose Socgen. Later, hr round was simple with just behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• OOPS concepts
      String Class
      Comparable & Comparator
      Serializable
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First is the written test which is on analytical skills and database related questions and the selected people have a Group Discussion. Interview has one technical round (1:1) and one HR (1:1) round and some people may have both rounds as HR.

Interview Questions

• Java Programming basics and few puzzles   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    Technical, Manager, HR
    Related to core java, hibernate, spring, struts - Technical Round happened over the phone
    Manager Round - Just for the Name Sake
    HR Round - Just for salary negotiation and the question were repeated one, why you are choosing us. What is your strength and weakness. Why should we hire you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy Interview process.
    They call every person and waste their whole day for interview no screening of resume takes place.
    I cleared all the rounds but finally manager was reluctant about salary.
    Finally HR round HR told me the pre written lines will get back to me after day and they never turn up.
    But technical panel was quite good and friendly but Manager/HR are always political and diplomatic people from companies like Infy and Wipro are spoiling Investment Banking environment.

Interview Questions

• 1:Singleton Design Pattern.
      2:MVP pattern
      3:basic DB questions like Indexing,small queries.
      4:Basic programming questions (Group by,Avg salary)
      5:Delegate