Société Générale Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Société Générale Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute first round interview via Skype followed by a super day (three 30 min interviews) 3 weeks later at their NY office that. Heard back a week and a half after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Was selected for pre-screening phone call, heavily technical no behavior questions at all. Make sure to know everything about financial statements and valuation methods. Interviewer was part of the Leveraged Financing team, not very welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round on the phone only lasted about 10 minutes. Expected questions like "why a bank" and "why SG". Second round in person-more of a culture fit interview. Asked a lot about extra curricular activities and about what I could bring to them. Since this is my first internship, I did not have any previous experience and they were understanding of that. Final round was super day with two 20 minute interviews. One with production team-asked about networking, shell scripting, UNIX. Second one with business analyst which was all behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with a college alum. I then went onto the second round, which was another phone interview. They were all behavioral and asked the general questions like why finance, why did you pick you school, do you follow current events. I was then invited to the Super Day in NY and had two interviews. It was kind of hectic and the interviews were more conversational than anything. They didn't really know what to ask you. Received an offer within the next two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview with two people, and they asked about relevant experiences and resume related questions. It was nerve wracking but otherwise not so bad. No technical questions really but there was a hypothetical.

Interview Questions

• How can you work to resolve the discrepancy between risk management and investment?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview in January, 2 weeks later an in person interview. Now I am interviewing for the final super day which are two 20 minute interviews.
    For my first two interviews, interviewers helped me feel comfortable and asked simple questions about my previous experience and about myself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why SG?
      Tell me about your previous work?
      What is your weakness and strength?
      Questions about my extracurricular activity and volunteer work
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in January 2016.

Interview

Three rounds: campus interview, phone interview and then in person interview. Behavioral mostly, but there were some technicals regarding my past experience. It was not very technical-heavy but definitely know your resume well. Also, know about the macro economic trends

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Milan, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took a telephone interview. Then a face to face interview. The telephone interview was motivational and very easy, while the face to face interview was difficult with tricky questions and brain teasers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to your interview you rank what areas you would like to work in. The choices are Investment/Corporate banking, Markets, or Operations. It's not guaranteed that you'll get an interview with someone in the area you listed first. Then there is a preliminary phone or in-person one on one interview followed by a Superday at their office. During the Superday you'll interview with two or three people from different teams. All of them can want to hire you so I recommend not accepting the first person who calls right away if there was another area you'd rather work. The process is a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Your typical behavior questions and a few technicals. Not very challenging compared to bulge brackets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position I received an email stating that I would have a phone interview. The interview was about 20 minutes with questions about my knowledge in my major, as well as current events. The next round was Super Day, which requires potential interns to interview with multiple teams for about 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Current events, why I chose my school, my major, why I am interested in working for the company, etc.   Answer Question