Social Point Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Social Point

3.1

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone screening and two online tests.
    I passed the test and on-site for the final interview.
    The process and the way SocialPoint handled my onsite visits were almost perfect.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe more in depth lockstep and how, what the benefits and what the potential issues ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2019.

Interview

First there is a small interview with one of the HR team members. Then there is a small test mainly on SQL and finally a interview in their offices with the team heads.

Interview Questions

• How would you obtain the ARPU from the users, sessions and transactions tables?   Answer Question

Business Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in December 2016.

Interview

I have had the opportunity to get an interview for a position at Social Point. Even if there was no offer for me at the end of the process, I had a good experience and the conctact with the HR department was of very good quality.
    A typical phone interview has been the first step towards the company. It was more a get to know about my personality and professional paths. If selected, the next step would be a physical interview with the HR and members of the team as well as practical exercises.
    Even if I didn't get any further, the overall experience was good thanks to a reactive and transparent contact with the HR department, letting you know about the process anytime needed and taking real care about reviewing your profile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you? What are your hobbies? What are your strengths and why? Do you play social games? What personal objective do you set for yourself at this moment?   Answer Question

Business Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2018.

Interview

Social Point contacted me initially, and then I went to the offices to do an interview. 2 people from the team interviewed me, going through my CV, past experiences, questions about me and my interests... I worked on a business case about the industry. I went a second time to the offices to have an interview with HR, another member of the team and also the manager of the team. In every moment I felt confortable with all the questions, the context was relaxed and informal and I enjoyed a lot my conversation with all of them. I also had to do some Office skills tests.

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and make everything very easy for me. Also the offices were very nice and they explained me perfectly the way they work. It was hard but nice at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Everything about my day to day work, lots of technical questions and everything about KPI and data. All the answers were very data driven and making sure the I wxplain every decision with numbers.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process consists of two or three social interviews and several technical exercises which are performed using HackerRank. The social interviews are done with both HR and team members, which may include senior managers. Technical exercises are coding problems which require problem solving and coding using C++.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement different behaviors on a Mario Bros-type game?   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in December 2017.

Interview

Please note that all interviews (besides the final interview marathon) were via Skype or telephone.

I was first contacted by a recruitment agency and told about a job opportunity that seemed to match my skillset. I spoke to one or two recruiters and a managing director before actually speaking to anyone from Social Point.

My first interview with a Social Point employee was with their Talent Acquisition Director. She helped me through the entire hiring process and went out of her way to make sure I understood who I would be talking to and, more importantly, why I was speaking with them.

My second Social Point interview was with the CTO. He asked me many questions to gauge my technical and soft skill proficiency. He also offered me the possibility to voice any questions or concerns I had about the job position. This part of the interview process was very enjoyable and we ended up going over the allotted interview time.

My third SP interview was with a member of the product teams. We mostly talked about my project management experience and my management "ideology". The interview seemed informal but I suspect this was a tactic to evaluate my communication skills.

My fourth SP interview was with the CTO and a Technical Director. I was informed who would be interviewing me ahead of time so I was able to get an idea of the experience and qualifications of the TD. This made me much more secure going into the interview. We, again, spoke about a variety of topics which gave them a rough idea of my skillset. This interview was a lot of fun but it also felt very professional. The questions were very well formulated and seemed to be more focused on my problem-solving abilities and mentality.

My final interviews were onsite in Barcelona. I was flown in from Germany and given the opportunity to stay for a few days. I believe they wanted me to be able to experience how awesome BCN can be. There were a series of 1-hour interviews that started and ended with me speaking to the CTO. I had plenty of time to ask about the TD job role and responsibilities, and to learn about the organisational architecture of the tech departments.

The most important part of these final interviews was that I was able to ask how people felt about the C-level executives and VPs. As with any large company there were, of course, pain points but there is a true respect for leadership at this company and I believe that is what made me accept the offer to work here.

It was a very long, comprehensive, interview process but the respectful, communicative, nature of the SP employees involved made it enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex software system you have ever architected or worked on? Describe it's functionality to us.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in May 2018.

Interview

Clever, well organized, inspiring, the best interview process I have seen for a long time. They invite you to Barcelona to meet the meet, they challenge on how you will manage the team. All the people I met were friendly and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Management questions, technical question   1 Answer

Lead Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in November 2015.

Interview

Skype interview, management and art test, then interview on site.
    Very bad points, they never said the same to me and to my recruiter, they sounded really confused and not organised at all:
    I was asking a good salary for the type of position (team of up to 10 artists, a lot of organisation), they first told my recruiter money wasn't a problem and that some other applicants were asking higher salaries than me, but once on site the person I interviewed with told me my salary expectation was way too high and it would be a problem.
    After two weeks without news I asked my recruiter if he could contact them. And after a few days without news I contacted them on my side asking if they were still reviewing their applications, they answered me a few hours later telling me they already contacted my recruiter telling him the position was on hold until further notice, my profile still considered as a good one for the position, they will contact me in the future when the position is open again. My recruiter contacted me the next day to tell me they finally came back to him with a negative answer, they hired someone else because he had lower salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• quite nice interviews on Skype and on site, more like a chat than an interview. question about my career, my management style, etc... The test was about a fictional game project, what type of team members needed, little art bible, to be made on 2 days.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Point (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was an initial email to schedule a phone call. When the day and time arrived, HR never called and didn't even mention that would be late. After hours, got an email saying sorry that the previous meeting was a bit longer than expected. Then we scheduled another meeting for 3 days later and the same result, no call from HR and the excuse was some internal issues. They could at least inform that they won't make the call. Really bad experience at all. No professionals.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked as the HR didn't call me twice.   Answer Question