Social Security Administration Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

There were three other candidates along with myself. We had an overview of the position, salary, benefits and training where we were allowed to ask question. Then we met with a panel of two and they asked us a series of questions. They left us a training excerpt to evaluate and came back and asked questions. I met with a woman who analyzed my Spanish speaking abilities. I was then fingerprinted. Everyone was very friendly. It took a little over three hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a person who wants to continue the conversation after there question has been answered?   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the contact represtitive back im March and was contacted for an interview 3 months later. When I went to the interview I was fretted and given a quick introduction about the position and then was given a rundown of the agenda for the day. I was then take to where I would be interviewed. It was by 2 people and after the interview I went to get fingerprinted and that was it. I was told I would be contacted soon.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to face adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in seven years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov. Got an interview 8 weeks later. Took the in person interview in woodlawn. Got an off after 2 weeks of interviewing. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name something you disagreed with, what did you do, and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Not hard just some general job interview questions. I was interviewed by two people and there were other interviewers and interviewees in the same room and that was a little distracting

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took approximately 2 months. I submitted an online application and was contactd within one month. The interview was a panel with about 8 behavioral questions lasted for an hour or so. The atmosphere was good and relaxed. A couple days later I was asked to come in for fingerprints and a month later I was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly about experience and education.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

I was previously a contractor with the organization so the interview process was non-existent. A short phone interview was held with my direct manager and the division director. Very rudimentary questions were asked and were centered around salary expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate starting salary with proper justification.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a one time phone interview with two Administrative Law Judges. I don't believe I was given any information about the judges prior to the interview. It was not a very long interview and was not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give examples from my work experience that demonstrate that I would be a good for the job. So, I referred to my internship clerking for a judge, which required researching, writing, and presenting material to a judge, handling constructive criticism from a judge, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Took several months from application to hiring. Fairly onerous set of questions. Process seemed to be geared toward screening by Personel, who then forwarded only a few prospective candidates for interviews. Interview was informal for me, but other interviews of co-workers involved 2 or more interviewers who asked pointed questions. General approach is 'by the numbers', so one should pay careful attention to the initial questions on the job questionaire (several essay style answers, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Interview was very informal and friendly. I was solicited to apply for the position, so the biggest hurdle was getting past the Personell screeners who score the initial questionaire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, rather, simply a request to accept or decline. Very inpersonal.