Social Security Administration Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

There were three other candidates along with myself. We had an overview of the position, salary, benefits and training where we were allowed to ask question. Then we met with a panel of two and they asked us a series of questions. They left us a training excerpt to evaluate and came back and asked questions. I met with a woman who analyzed my Spanish speaking abilities. I was then fingerprinted. Everyone was very friendly. It took a little over three hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a person who wants to continue the conversation after there question has been answered?   Answer Question

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two different people at the same time. All psychological questions. None about your experience. So terribly awkward. An amateur math test that a baby could pass.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show leadership skills, whether at work or school.   Answer Question

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers and they asked different interview questions. I had to answer 4 questions into one questions. Managers were very polite but was not knowledgeable about the job. The experience will definitely get you prepared for other federal government interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were easy but they had 3 to 4 questions or sections in one questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating with the federal government.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email stating all the interview details. I was interviewed by two gentleman, they were very nice and made me feel very comfortable through out the interview. The whole process seemed relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview questions were asked such as what are you strengths and weaknesses and behavioral scenarios. The one question I was not prepared to answer was, is there anything else I should have asked you? It caught me off guard and I would suggest preparing to answer that question. I did read about it in one of the interview reviews but I honestly did not think it would come up.   Answer Question

Attorney Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was held in the Woodlawn/Baltimore MD area. I was interviewed by three individuals. They took turns asking questions from a script. I made sure I elaborated when I answered the questions in order to provide the interviewers with additional information. They also asked me about writing sample. It was important to be able to summarize my writing sample and to walk them through the legal issues, analysis and the conclusion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This position was non-negotiable.

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the contact represtitive back im March and was contacted for an interview 3 months later. When I went to the interview I was fretted and given a quick introduction about the position and then was given a rundown of the agenda for the day. I was then take to where I would be interviewed. It was by 2 people and after the interview I went to get fingerprinted and that was it. I was told I would be contacted soon.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to face adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in seven years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov. Got an interview 8 weeks later. Took the in person interview in woodlawn. Got an off after 2 weeks of interviewing. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name something you disagreed with, what did you do, and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Not hard just some general job interview questions. I was interviewed by two people and there were other interviewers and interviewees in the same room and that was a little distracting

Claim Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Columbia, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview. I took a small exam, I was interviewed by a panel of managers from local offices within this region and I do not recall the questions specifically.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience working.   1 Answer
    • How did I decide that I wanted to work for the agency.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took approximately 2 months. I submitted an online application and was contactd within one month. The interview was a panel with about 8 behavioral questions lasted for an hour or so. The atmosphere was good and relaxed. A couple days later I was asked to come in for fingerprints and a month later I was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly about experience and education.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.