Social Security Administration Benefit Authorizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Benefit Authorizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Richmond, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a panel of two. They were very polite and asked mostly behavioral questions. I felt that the questions were fairly easy since I was prepared with examples for most of them. They also asked me if I watched a video that HR emailed me describing the job. I made sure that I repeated the skills desired and how my skills relate to it.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you? Can you describe a situation where you felt you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on USA JOBS. Interviewed 3 weeks later. Interview was average. Two person panel going back an forth. It lasted about an hour. Phone call and email tentative offer 2 weeks later. Waiting on background check to clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of three. There are three parts to the interview: behavioral questions, scenario questions and math quiz. As a recent graduate, it was pretty intense to go through. The panel was friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you have answered all of the customer's questions and they continue talking about a controversial issue, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted three days after announcement closed, interviewed three days later and received fingerprints cards three days later. It was for a bilingual position so I had two panel members one that spoke English only and the other one who was testing my language skills. It lasted around 45 min and they asked behavioral questions. For the foreign language portion I had to translate the questions and answer in Spanish. I received an offer a week after I mailed my fingerprints.

Most of the questions are based in past occasions dealing with difficult coworkers, difficult customers, exposure to diversity, dealing with difficult matters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time:
      That you had to deal with a difficult coworker
      That you Received criticism from supervisor
      That you have to communicate a difficult matter to a client   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

There were two people in the room with me, and they alternated asking questions. The interviewers were nice, but it was a little awkward that when I answered a question, they'd take their time writing down my answer rather than engaging me in conversation. It's very by the book. Afterward, they took me to get fingerprinted. Overall, this was a negative experience because I flew home from school to take the ACWA test, went through the whole interview process, and then they ended up not hiring anyone, and didn't even get back to me until 6 months later when the results of my ACWA test expired, so it was a total waste of time for hundreds of people.

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two different people at the same time. All psychological questions. None about your experience. So terribly awkward. An amateur math test that a baby could pass.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show leadership skills, whether at work or school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied 4/9/15, went in to test on 5/6, interviewed on 6/9, and was offered the job on 7/2. I did not accept it, as I applied for and am being considered for higher grade positions now. It is hard to know the exact grade and amount you will be considered for, but when you find out, you can filter your search to the lowest amount you will accept.

I was told only 15% of the people who took the test in May passed it. It contained a discrete Vocabulary section (if you did not know the definition of these words, you just didn't know, as there were no sample sentences or context clues), Verbal Reasoning section (with very confusing answer choices), and a Math section (with detailed multi-step questions with no calculator available). Even the best of the best will probably run out of time and have to bubble in anything, as there were 30 minutes for 25 questions in each section.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of specific scenarios, like when a supervisor had you do their job instead of yours at the time, or when you had to deal with an unruly customer, etc.

I interviewed with 2 people at once and then was taken to get fingerprinted (to start that process in the interim, I guess).

My references were checked the next week, then I was offered the position a couple of weeks later, but asked to leave my current job in less than 2 weeks' notice.   Answer Question

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers and they asked different interview questions. I had to answer 4 questions into one questions. Managers were very polite but was not knowledgeable about the job. The experience will definitely get you prepared for other federal government interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were easy but they had 3 to 4 questions or sections in one questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating with the federal government.

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through USAJOBS for the position around February , then got a interview request 2 weeks later. Then after the interview, apparently they were still doing interviews until late march after my interview (which was late February).
    It took over a month before they call me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Some of them were common interview question you would find at other job interview like your strength and weakness, etc. Others were kind of common sense if you had genuine interest in getting along with people and not creating conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Richmond, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me for an interview about 2 months later. I was selected and offered a position at 2 different times. One was about a week after the offer letter, the other was about 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was threatening to commit suicide while you were on the phone   Answer Question