Social Security Administration Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Claims Representative Interview Questions

3.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jamaica, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The questions posted here at Glassdoor pretty much covered my questions. The two interviewers read from a script. They were very friendly and cordial, and professional.

That being said, I want to EMPHASIZE the need to get your documentation in order. The hiring manager is a perfectionist who kept returning to the meeting room to ask job candidates for missing documents, such as resume, selective registration (for males born after 1960; link was provided in email from HR), college transcript (even though it was optional and only if you had 3.0 GPA), proof of citizenship, social security card, etc. I got the sense that he will use these missing documents as a method to whittle down the applicants he will consider hiring. I also believe the hiring manager selected questions to ask candidates based on his personal review of your documentation. Thus, it is CRITICAL to ensure that every item on the checklist that is applicable to you is included when you show up for the interview. Even ONE SINGLE MISSING DOCUMENT could effectively remove you from contention for a job offer.

The position was listed on usajob website and held open for 48 hours at the beginning of March, and only the first 500 applications were accepted. SSA was conducting 200 interviews, and I don't know how many offers will be made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Dealing with difficult coworkers. Communicating with people of different background. General work background questions. Two scenarios at the end.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was relaxed, fingerprinted, references called two weeks later. Was told I would hear something the middle of May. Still waiting hopeful the job is very important helping impact the lives of others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?, Tell us about a time you deal with a hostile customer. What was the outcome ? Give an example of a negative outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Carbondale, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 1st interview. Got a call for District Mgr. I met with a panel of two Dm's and another employee from the hiring office. Very friendly and positive setting. Described the job and benefits. Asked about 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you. What's your story.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you want the position. What do you like about it.   Answer Question
    • What would you bring to the table. What is your strength.   Answer Question
    • Data entry is an important part of the position. Do you have a familiarity with computers and office equipment? Can you type with both hands?   Answer Question
    • Had me read a piece of policy and give a quick summary of what I just read.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

There was only a phone interview. If I had seen the office and the environment, I probably would not have taken the job. I was interviewed over the phone with the manager and supervisors. I was asked questions based on the job duties. The job description is misleading and does not provide complete information regarding job duties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would I do when speaking with someone from a different culture and background who may not be as proficient in English.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA).

Interview

SSA was tabling at a UCSD job fair and I gave them my resume. They contacted me a week later and I interviewed with them twice. The first interview was with two people in an SSA office, the second interview was a panel of managers downtown. They asked a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult professional situation and how did you react.   Answer Question
    • Pick a topic and teach the panel about it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The job posting encouraged new college graduates with no prior work experience to apply. I am a college graduate and have accumulated sufficient related job experience. I assumed that my resume would at least be considered unless there was an applicant with more experience. After submitting my application online I called 3 weeks later to follow up. The representative was very friendly but I was disappointed in their hiring process. She did confirm that they received my resume however they would not be considering me for the position based on the fact that I am not a Veteran. They will be only considering candidates for the position based on their veteran status. I wish they would have posted “non veterans do not apply”.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2015.

Interview

Relaxed setting, interviewed by a three person panel. Briefly introduced me to the position and what a typical work day would be, as well as salary info. Mostly hypothetical questions and general personality questions. I saw a posting on Facebook that they were hiring for the position, sent my resume via e-mail, the contacted me immediately and I had my interview two days later. Everyone was very nice and made me feel welcome. They also expressed a sincere desire to help their clients, which made me want to work there even more. I just did the interview today, so I will update later on whether or not they offer me the position. They said I should hear within two weeks. A little background is that I have no professional work or military experience. Recent college grad with bachelor's degree in the health and human services field. At the end of the interview I was told that I did really well and that they are only interviewing a few people for the position, which makes me feel a little more confident considering my lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions already listed in the other reviews. Department store return, short-handed gas station hypothetical with the perishable truck outside, what information would you ask for to determine if someone is the real biological father of a child? The last question threw me for a second, I asked for a genetic test but I think they were more looking for birth certificate and things like that lol.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Panel of 3 people with 6 questions each. I was well prepared for the questions, and the interview lasted 20 minutes. I asked about when I would hear back from the panel, and they said it could be a few months because of budgeting issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use EQ. Give three words that describe who you are. How do resolve conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years. Tell us something about yourself. What drew you to apply to the SSA?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is a panel style interview from management and those that train you in the SSA office. They ask a series of questions based on the position. They also ask questions based on your personal work history and education experience. The interview process was a two-part interview in the same day, but it lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe how you handled a situation with a difficult team member or co-worker.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Two interviewers; meet and deal interview. Asked behavioral questions and situational questions about situations you are in and what you would do. Told you about the position and to be yourself