Social Security Administration Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Claims Representative Interview Questions

3.1

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The job posting encouraged new college graduates with no prior work experience to apply. I am a college graduate and have accumulated sufficient related job experience. I assumed that my resume would at least be considered unless there was an applicant with more experience. After submitting my application online I called 3 weeks later to follow up. The representative was very friendly but I was disappointed in their hiring process. She did confirm that they received my resume however they would not be considering me for the position based on the fact that I am not a Veteran. They will be only considering candidates for the position based on their veteran status. I wish they would have posted “non veterans do not apply”.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

It was a 3 person panel.
    Everyone was very nice, intelligent & organized.
    This was the 1st interview - supposedly, there's something called a "Meet and Deal" that comes next.
    The purpose of this one was to establish a behavioral baseline to see what kind of person you are.
    Expect scenarios and questions about hypothetical situations as well as standard interview questions.
    You will be expected to relate to various past experiences which seemed to focus on stress in particular.
    You would also be well advised to do at least some cursory research about SSA and the position for which you're applying.
    Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario where they handed me a paper to look over that gave a brief explanation of what SSA does.
      They give you 5 minutes (if you need it) and allow you to take notes, but it's very brief and comprehensive - you shouldn't have to.
      Then, they'll play the scenario as a prospective applicant and you have to succinctly explain to them the parameters of eligibility.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Panel of 3 people with 6 questions each. I was well prepared for the questions, and the interview lasted 20 minutes. I asked about when I would hear back from the panel, and they said it could be a few months because of budgeting issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use EQ. Give three words that describe who you are. How do resolve conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years. Tell us something about yourself. What drew you to apply to the SSA?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

There was only a phone interview. If I had seen the office and the environment, I probably would not have taken the job. I was interviewed over the phone with the manager and supervisors. I was asked questions based on the job duties. The job description is misleading and does not provide complete information regarding job duties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would I do when speaking with someone from a different culture and background who may not be as proficient in English.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Buffalo, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Not the best organization in the interview. Seemed to rely heavily on a script.

Got another offer. I would rather do something else.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online at USA jobs, got referred within a week for a position at Fremont office. Scheduled an interview. They were right on time, 8 p.m EST, three people took started off by introducing themselves. Went very well, At times when they go silent, don't panic coz they're usually writing or preparing to ask the next question. I would wait for a response from them and update soon.
    The interviewers were very nice and patient after a long day of interviewing people, they said they have 4 more days to do it.
    I told them how i was getting back on my feet after being a stay at home mom for three years and they totally appreciated it that i was giving my time to my daughter.

Interview Questions

• They Asked about 8 or 9 questions out of which some were occupational questions where they wanted me to relate the answer to a situation i've experienced at my job. Here are some questions they asked:
      1- Tell us about a situation where u overcame a challenge at work. They wanted me to really elaborate on it.
      2- How do u handle a stressful situation or tell us of a time when u experienced the most strew?
      3- Tell us of a time where you had a hard time communicating with your co-worker.
      4- Tell us about a time when you received a project and how did you plan it.
      5- A couple who is claiming to be married can show wat document to prove it.
      6- Tell us of a situation where you had a hard time communicating
      7-In the passed if you missed a deadline to submit a report or project. How did you handle it.
      8- Tell us about the most difficult decision in your life and how do you feel about it. Did you take advice from someone. (this could be personal or professional)
      9- This last question really made me ask if it was a real question. They asked what if the one thing i think i am a pro at, and if i have to teach it to them, how would i do it. This could be anything; ur hobby, cooking, baking, crafts, anything.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS and was contacted in one week for an interview. The interview was a panel style with 3 people and asked questions like :Describe how you deal with tough situations", "Tell us about yourself", "Describe a hostile situation you were in that you dealt wiith conflict"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jamaica, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then called in for an interview. Before the interview they go through the process and tell you how many people you will be meeting with and what kind of questions there will be. They take a lot of notes but they are looking for specific answers to the questions they ask. They are really nice and just ask you the questions that are written on their interview booklet. I was interviewed by two district managers. One was really friendly and the other was nonchalant, but both were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: name a time you dealt with a difficult situation, coworker, customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Nassau, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The Interview is Behavioral Based. i was ready for some of the questions because of Bloggers that had posted what they had experienced. I was ready for "A claimant comes in who has been denied benefits several times. They tell you that they are going to commit suicide, what do yo do?"

Interview Questions

• "A claimant comes in and tells you they are going to commit suicide because they have been denied benefits. What do you do?"   2 Answers
    • "A claimant comes in with her little children who are being very disruptive in the office. The mother (the claimant) cannot focus on the interview questions, what do you do?"   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed last week Thursday by a supervisor and a director. They were both nice and I felt really relaxed and at ease. They said they will give me 2 interview questions & 4 situations I need to answer( there's no right or wrong for the situation questions) . I was told it can take 3-6 months to hear from them. This process last about 30 mins. Then I was taken to a different floor for fingerprinting. I'm so anxious I want to hear from them but I know I have to wait, hopefully they will call me before to tell me my results.

Interview Questions

• If a mom comes in with her 3 small children who are not behaving and I'm not able to conduct the interview, what would I do?   2 Answers