Social Security Administration Contact Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Contact Representative Interview Questions

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Birmingham, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with supervisor and manager male and female. They were fairly easy going. Lasted about an hour. They told me about the position, watched a video, salary, work hours, and benefits. Training is 13-15 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked what did I know about the position.
    Asked to role play as if a client was on the phone.
    Asked to read a passage to them.
    Asked about dealing with hard clients & one that was different from me.
    Asked about multi-tasking.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I went for an interview last week and I was very surprised. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel comfortable. PLEASE HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS in order. That's the very first thing that they will collect. On your reference sheet make sure that your contacts have all been direct supervisors. Co-workers as professional references aren't acceptable. My interview was at 10 am and I was out by 1. Overall it was a good interview. I was asked to submit finger prints and they have already began my backround check. Hoping for a call back soon!

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were mostly bevioral scenarios. What would you do and why type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed last month with a hiring manager and supervisor. I was fingerprinted, show around the office, and interview was conducted shortly after. There was a short role-play exercise, and written assignment as well. Manager went over benefits, pay, and asked after the interview to sign a paper if I was still interested in the position.

**Just received a phone call and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2016.

Interview

Online application. 1 face to face interview with 2 managers. Filled out paperwork and lasted about 2.5 hours. Watched a video. 4 weeks from application to job offer. Jkkk ghost huh

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Salinas, CA).

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Took about a month until I heard back. I was then invited to an in-person interview, which was conducted by two women. They ask behavioral type questions and write down your answers. They also give you a one page document to read - you read it and give it back. Then they ask you questions related to the document. They then fingerprint you and do a very extensive background check. I had some runabouts with the law as a minor - they found those. Told them I was unable to provide court related documents as it happened so long ago. I sent an email to them confirming I was placed on probation, completed the probation, and that was it. About a week later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest decision you have made in your life and why.   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

It was a panel interview. The interviewers each took turns asking me a series of questions. The only negative experience I can recall was having to wait for my interview (which I was on time for) because another candidate showed up late. This was my first-panel interview, so initially I was overwhelmed. After a few minutes, I noticed that it was no harder than an interview conducted by one person. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager insists you are performing the job incorrectly when in fact you are not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov. took about 1 month received a phone for an interview. Panel interview with a mock call and computer test. Was asked 4 questions. Very relaxed environment. Took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the social security administration   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • think of a time at work or home that u had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the office after submitted the application on the website 6 days ago and talked for 40 min on the phone and had a site-interview after that. It took 10 days. It was very good experience. People were nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience of conflicts with your co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with Two Individuals with questions moving from one to another and in a closing question I was asked a specific question related to SSA applications with three possible answers.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a customer who is highly upset?
      How would you deal with a complex issue that your client may not understand?   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2015.

Interview

It was typical of what I would expect when interviewing for a federal position with direct contact with the public. The panel interview was done over the phone and I believe the reason for that is because they wanted to see how clear you spoke, how you sound over the phone when asked a question, etc.

Interview Questions

• What qualities and attributes do you have that would contribute to your success in this job?   Answer Question