Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

One in-person interview. They had a script with questions and did not veer from it for anything. There were three Senior Attorney Advisors in the room asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you disagreed with a supervisor on an issue. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself motivated to complete a task if there are no deadlines?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, standard questions, started with an opening and closing by the interviewer describing the job and asking if you are a citizen and if you are willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult legal issue you encounter and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Fayetteville location. Applied via mail application to Atlanta office. Called for an interview. Before the interview I was given documents that had to be turned in within 2 days. Documents included tax forms, direct deposit, finger print cards, and some other documents. Interviewers read from a script and asked maybes 5 questions. Interview was really short. Was told they didn't do the hiring and that Atlanta office would notify them of the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group when someone didn't pull his or her share of the work? If so how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a supervisor has a problem with your work or sees something differently from you?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a site other than USAJOBS. Emailed resume, cover letter, references as requested to email address provided. Was emailed about a week letter to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was conducted by two managing attorneys. It only lasted about 20 minutes. My references were called a few days later, but I was never contacted with an offer or notification of non-offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you felt the ALJ recommended a decision that you did not feel was supported by substantial evidence?   Answer Question

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with 2 people. Took about 20 minutes. They asked the standard questions. Nothing out of the box or too exciting. You will be able to get through the interview. Make sure you are prepared. They did not give me a set time or day. Just told me they would call sometime in the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me what will keep you exciting about the work?
      How do you handle stress?
      How do your handle criticism?
      Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

I met with the panel of 2 people in the San Diego office.it was a nice experience.they are very friendly.it was a half an hour interview with 6 questions. they introduced themselves and started to ask questions.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jamaica, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The questions posted here at Glassdoor pretty much covered my questions. The two interviewers read from a script. They were very friendly and cordial, and professional.

That being said, I want to EMPHASIZE the need to get your documentation in order. The hiring manager is a perfectionist who kept returning to the meeting room to ask job candidates for missing documents, such as resume, selective registration (for males born after 1960; link was provided in email from HR), college transcript (even though it was optional and only if you had 3.0 GPA), proof of citizenship, social security card, etc. I got the sense that he will use these missing documents as a method to whittle down the applicants he will consider hiring. I also believe the hiring manager selected questions to ask candidates based on his personal review of your documentation. Thus, it is CRITICAL to ensure that every item on the checklist that is applicable to you is included when you show up for the interview. Even ONE SINGLE MISSING DOCUMENT could effectively remove you from contention for a job offer.

The position was listed on usajob website and held open for 48 hours at the beginning of March, and only the first 500 applications were accepted. SSA was conducting 200 interviews, and I don't know how many offers will be made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Dealing with difficult coworkers. Communicating with people of different background. General work background questions. Two scenarios at the end.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the New York 48th street location. This position is no joke. The interview was highly intense. But nothing to be scared of if you go in prepared to talk about difficult times and stressful situations that you've faced. They ask you series of 7 questions mostly behavioral and whatever answer you provide they build their questions from that. It lasted 1 1/2 hrs aprxm...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to face a difficult situation and what did you do about it what was the outcome ? Tell me another... Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation what did u do about it... Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision..what was it..outcome..etc........ what brings you to SSA?
      In the end they present you with Scenarios...and you have to show them what u would do in that situation.
      1 Answer

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I went for an interview last week and I was very surprised. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel comfortable. PLEASE HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS in order. That's the very first thing that they will collect. On your reference sheet make sure that your contacts have all been direct supervisors. Co-workers as professional references aren't acceptable. My interview was at 10 am and I was out by 1. Overall it was a good interview. I was asked to submit finger prints and they have already began my backround check. Hoping for a call back soon!

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were mostly bevioral scenarios. What would you do and why type questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on USAJOB website it took 4 weeks to get a call, i interviewed at 2 locations and they both fingerprinted me, I;m still waiting on them to get back with me.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a customer who has three kids running around and your trying to give her important information?   1 Answer