Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2018

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of administrative law judges over teleconference. They explained the job, its requirements, and the need for high quality work product. They then took turns asking questions. At the end you are allowed to ask questions.

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Richmond, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was contacted about 1 month after applying to schedule a phone interview. There were three interviewers and lasted about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were hypothetical scenarios and based on past work experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you feel your provided exceptional customer service and what was the result?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 3 weeks after to set up an interview. I was giving a phone interview and giving a number to call where 3 surpervisors were present. I was told that I would receive an answer in 2-3 weeks about the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with a supervisor?   1 Answer

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The interview started with info about the position. It was a mock call interview with the person in the other end being very inappropriate as a difficult customer and using terms like "white man"

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. STAR questions and a math test. Lasted about an hour and the 3 person panel interview was not intimidating. Overall, I must say it was a pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with coworkers that don't do their fair share?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me via phone. Explained the position and then asked me if I have any questions. Then proceed to ask me scripted questions and then paused to write what I said down.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been critiqued and how did you respond
      What legal writing and research have you done that makes a good candidate
      Was there a time you ever was not given enough instruction by a supervisor—how did you respond and do   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Birmingham, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth . when you first arrive you are asked to fill out form asking you interview questions. Once done you will go into panel interview very nice people i had. You will read a document out loud to them.You will also do a mock call after. Once done you will do situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were under pressure? Name a time when you had a project? Name a time when you had to work with someone who was different are culturally different from you and what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2017.

Interview

Took around 2 hrs. Gave overall the company info. Asked me if I have to give 2 weeks notification. Typical interview questions. I was not asked for fingerprints....does this mean I didn't get the job ???

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with three people. I applied online, was called for a phone interview the next day. Found out on the interview that it was the ONLY interview. All structured questions--they cannot respond to your answers so it's awkward. They called me for my references and called them promptly but I never heard back. I think I was eliminated after my reference said I hate being bored because I learned that this job is very boring. I'm not sure I would have accepted without ever meeting anyone in the office. It was a very rushed process because of the budget year.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a coworker that doesn't do their share   Answer Question
    • What's more important-getting work done on time or perfectly   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Recent Graduates Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Auburn, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed or called with day and time for in person interview. This is a panel interview. Then makes you do a mock phone call to help the customer. They will advised you if you passed interview or not via mail. They sent me a letter stating that I passed but then retracted stating they sent passing letter in error. Very unprofessional. this is a call center position so be prepare to see lots of obese coworkers and unqualified management. SSA still uses dos based software...

Interview Questions

• Ask why you want a job. I applied for the recent graduate position. I don't know if it wasn't obvious enough that a recent graduate needs a job after college.   1 Answer