Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. STAR questions and a math test. Lasted about an hour and the 3 person panel interview was not intimidating. Overall, I must say it was a pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with coworkers that don't do their fair share?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me via phone. Explained the position and then asked me if I have any questions. Then proceed to ask me scripted questions and then paused to write what I said down.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been critiqued and how did you respond
      What legal writing and research have you done that makes a good candidate
      Was there a time you ever was not given enough instruction by a supervisor—how did you respond and do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Boston, MA).

Interview

Depends on who you are. If you were referred by a family member or friend, it's just a formality and you'll do a brief interview with just the assistant administrator or a branch chief. If you're not, be ready for a 90 minute or longer interview with multiple people in the room. Whether you're from out of town or not, the interview will likely be over the phone partly because the administrators here lack social skills and would rather not have to deal with anyone in person.

No matter how many people are in the room, the interviews tend to be very straightforward and basic preparation will generally get you through. Just remember that every spot taken by someone from the outside could have gone to someone on the inside. They will.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were super typical: Tell us about yourself. Tell us about a challenging situation and how you handled it. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to us?
      Do you have any questions? If you are in an interview with multiple people, be ready for follow-up questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Birmingham, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth . when you first arrive you are asked to fill out form asking you interview questions. Once done you will go into panel interview very nice people i had. You will read a document out loud to them.You will also do a mock call after. Once done you will do situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were under pressure? Name a time when you had a project? Name a time when you had to work with someone who was different are culturally different from you and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Applied online.
    Interview notification by email.
    Interviewing with three interviewers includes the hiring manager in the middle.
    Takes about 1.5 hours.
    At the final part of the interview, read a message written by language other than English and asking some casual questions by that language.

Interview Questions

• What's the Most Difficult Decision You've Made?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2017.

Interview

Took around 2 hrs. Gave overall the company info. Asked me if I have to give 2 weeks notification. Typical interview questions. I was not asked for fingerprints....does this mean I didn't get the job ???

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three ladies and on man. They were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. They explained what the job entailed and that the person selected would be expected to be highly productive. They also mentioned the flexible work schedule and telework opportunities after the first year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Senior Case Technician with the SSA?

How would you handle a situation where you had to work with someone you don't get along with?

How would convince someone that didn't want to take your advice that your way is right?

What is your experience working with computers and software like Microsoft Word and Excel?

What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with three people. I applied online, was called for a phone interview the next day. Found out on the interview that it was the ONLY interview. All structured questions--they cannot respond to your answers so it's awkward. They called me for my references and called them promptly but I never heard back. I think I was eliminated after my reference said I hate being bored because I learned that this job is very boring. I'm not sure I would have accepted without ever meeting anyone in the office. It was a very rushed process because of the budget year.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a coworker that doesn't do their share   Answer Question
    • What's more important-getting work done on time or perfectly   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked 20 behavioral questions. I was able to complete the interview in 40 minutes and all of my referenced received a call the next day. Very pleasant interview experience panel of 2

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a demand from a boss if you disagree with what they are asking you to do   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of three. There are three parts to the interview: behavioral questions, scenario questions and math quiz. As a recent graduate, it was pretty intense to go through. The panel was friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you have answered all of the customer's questions and they continue talking about a controversial issue, how do you handle it?   1 Answer