Social Security Administration Attorney-Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Attorney-Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me via phone. Explained the position and then asked me if I have any questions. Then proceed to ask me scripted questions and then paused to write what I said down.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been critiqued and how did you respond
    What legal writing and research have you done that makes a good candidate
    Was there a time you ever was not given enough instruction by a supervisor—how did you respond and do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2017.

Interview

This was the most awkward interview that I've ever experienced. There were ten very formal and scripted questions, to which they did not respond. There were very long pauses after my answers that left me questioning if I had given enough/the correct information.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when your work was criticized and how you responded.
      How would you react if you disagreed with your supervisor's assignment/opinion?
      Describe a situation in which you've had a conflict with a coworker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with three people. I applied online, was called for a phone interview the next day. Found out on the interview that it was the ONLY interview. All structured questions--they cannot respond to your answers so it's awkward. They called me for my references and called them promptly but I never heard back. I think I was eliminated after my reference said I hate being bored because I learned that this job is very boring. I'm not sure I would have accepted without ever meeting anyone in the office. It was a very rushed process because of the budget year.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a coworker that doesn't do their share   Answer Question
    • What's more important-getting work done on time or perfectly   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

One in-person interview. They had a script with questions and did not veer from it for anything. There were three Senior Attorney Advisors in the room asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you disagreed with a supervisor on an issue. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself motivated to complete a task if there are no deadlines?   1 Answer

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Application- referral- interview with option of appearing in person or over the phone. I opted for in person. There were 3 interviewers and 5-6 Behavioral questions and details about the job and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and why you want to work for SSA?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work in a group and someone wasn't doing their part? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What course of action would you take if your supervisor reached a conclusion you didn't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to research a difficult issue- how did you go about writing an the opinion?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a heavy work load?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, standard questions, started with an opening and closing by the interviewer describing the job and asking if you are a citizen and if you are willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult legal issue you encounter and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a site other than USAJOBS. Emailed resume, cover letter, references as requested to email address provided. Was emailed about a week letter to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was conducted by two managing attorneys. It only lasted about 20 minutes. My references were called a few days later, but I was never contacted with an offer or notification of non-offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you felt the ALJ recommended a decision that you did not feel was supported by substantial evidence?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

In Person- it lasted about an hour. Fairly straight forward no curve balls. The person was very straight forward with me from the beginning. I emailed the app and they called me in to come the next week.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Emailed that I was selected for an interview, and informed to be available over the next few days for a phone interview. No specific time/date provided. Two people from SSA called me. It was a very formulaic interview, and they had set questions that they were required to ask. Long periods of awkward silence as they wrote down the answers. Sometimes it was difficulty because they would ask two part questions that were completely unrelated. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Received an email job offer a couple of weeks after that.

Application

Interview

Hiring took a long time from moment applied to getting actual interview. The federal government moves at a slow pace. The interview was fairly standard with standard questions. Interview with one person or sometimes multiple people. The interviewers read from a script. The interview process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you encountered and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question