Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in May 2017.

Interview

"Selective placement factors" means that if you do not pass them then you are not hired and they favor those with prior experience in a call center for this positon.

Interview Questions

• How old does my child need to be to receive a social security card?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

sitting for several hours and a lot of writing. Asking and sharing many questions to answers chosen/selected when prompted. Interviewers take turn asking questions and the interviewers writ response on their interview sheet.

Interview Questions

• what was a typical day at work at previous job   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was stressful. The panel would ask me a question then when I started to answer the question One of the interviewers would cut me off and would say but what would you have done differently? I wasn't sure how to take that. After the interview was over I knew I didn't get the job, but boy was I wrong. Immediately after interview I was asked to go do my finger printing downtown. Took about a week to get my finger printing and background check completed then I accepted the final job offer.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Two interviewers; meet and deal interview. Asked behavioral questions and situational questions about situations you are in and what you would do. Told you about the position and to be yourself

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The interview started with info about the position. It was a mock call interview with the person in the other end being very inappropriate as a difficult customer and using terms like "white man"

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of three. There are three parts to the interview: behavioral questions, scenario questions and math quiz. As a recent graduate, it was pretty intense to go through. The panel was friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you have answered all of the customer's questions and they continue talking about a controversial issue, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two different people at the same time. All psychological questions. None about your experience. So terribly awkward. An amateur math test that a baby could pass.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show leadership skills, whether at work or school.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Uniontown, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by 10 managers at the same time. Not cool. It made me think how many managers does it take to make a decision and who was running the office while I was being interviewed? Management was initially friendly at the beginning but that changed very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary and grade levels were advertised. Once hired your salary is available to the public online.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. I was asked 10 questions, some scenario, some direct questions and found the experience was beneficial for both sides. The interviewers took turns asking questions and were patient reviewing my answers. Having some knowledge of basic benefits helped me tremendously as preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of the basic forms of identification used to properly identify a person?   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Euclid, OH).

Interview

My first encounter with SSA was at a college job fair about 3 months from graduation. The lady there was dressed to the nines and seemed a little snobby. I later found out she was a manager. Haha. She had a poker face and seemed uninterested taking everyone's resume. I thought I wouldn't hear from them.

I received an email a couple weeks later that directed me to their web testing site. I took a damn long 2 or more hour long personality assessment test that keeps on asking the same Q's till it gets your true feelings... can't be a faker on that test.

A couple weeks later, I went in for a panel interview and the snobby lady was there again, this time she seemed nice but tough. There were 5 or 6 managers and experts present. First each asked a question, then I was given an complex law with many points and about 3 minutes to digest it, then I was asked to apply that to a scenario and another 4-5 grilling questions. I felt good about it but wasn't perfect.

Maybe a month later, as another employer had interest in me, I was called for an interview at a semi local office with what turned out to be the Regional hiring manager and the branch manager. It was maybe 30 minutes long. 4-5 questions more on how I handle stress and the public...also on personality.

Next, a couple weeks later, I had to drive an hour away to what turned out being my field office where I was informally interviewed by what was to be my Manager. She asked Q's more on personality and after she took me to get fingerprinted.

Almost 3 months passed and I was already working as an assistant manager in training at Target and he Regional manager called to ask if I was still interested and if so, I report to training in 2 weeks.

I accepted. As a scholar, with a b.a. in politics sci, I was a GS-7 and went thru long and complicated training class via satellite from Atlanta then toughed it out to GS- 11 step 3 before resigning due to the immense stress.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer