Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

I am a consultant in public administration. I run the procedure for issuing residence permits to foreigners in the country.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Emailed my resume. Was contacted within 2 weeks. Interview by a panel of 3. Was called by director day of first interview who asked if I wanted to be considered for another position she thought I'd be perfect for. I agreed and was invited for the second interview . Had the second interview 2 weeks ago and was told they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were great because they were challenging. "Tell ,me of a time your strength helped you with a project and consequently tell me of a time when your lack of strength in an area was detrimental to a project"   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position 12/2014. Called back for an interview 02/2015. Finger printed the same day. Interview process lasted about an hour and a half. Interviewed by two individuals. Documents were referred to hiring officials, but not selected at the time. No explanation provided for non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time in your life, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

The job posting encouraged new college graduates with no prior work experience to apply. I am a college graduate and have accumulated sufficient related job experience. I assumed that my resume would at least be considered unless there was an applicant with more experience. After submitting my application online I called 3 weeks later to follow up. The representative was very friendly but I was disappointed in their hiring process. She did confirm that they received my resume however they would not be considering me for the position based on the fact that I am not a Veteran. They will be only considering candidates for the position based on their veteran status. I wish they would have posted “non veterans do not apply”.

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Fayetteville location. Applied via mail application to Atlanta office. Called for an interview. Before the interview I was given documents that had to be turned in within 2 days. Documents included tax forms, direct deposit, finger print cards, and some other documents. Interviewers read from a script and asked maybes 5 questions. Interview was really short. Was told they didn't do the hiring and that Atlanta office would notify them of the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group when someone didn't pull his or her share of the work? If so how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a supervisor has a problem with your work or sees something differently from you?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

It was a 3 person panel.
    Everyone was very nice, intelligent & organized.
    This was the 1st interview - supposedly, there's something called a "Meet and Deal" that comes next.
    The purpose of this one was to establish a behavioral baseline to see what kind of person you are.
    Expect scenarios and questions about hypothetical situations as well as standard interview questions.
    You will be expected to relate to various past experiences which seemed to focus on stress in particular.
    You would also be well advised to do at least some cursory research about SSA and the position for which you're applying.
    Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario where they handed me a paper to look over that gave a brief explanation of what SSA does.
      They give you 5 minutes (if you need it) and allow you to take notes, but it's very brief and comprehensive - you shouldn't have to.
      Then, they'll play the scenario as a prospective applicant and you have to succinctly explain to them the parameters of eligibility.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Panel of 3 people with 6 questions each. I was well prepared for the questions, and the interview lasted 20 minutes. I asked about when I would hear back from the panel, and they said it could be a few months because of budgeting issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use EQ. Give three words that describe who you are. How do resolve conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years. Tell us something about yourself. What drew you to apply to the SSA?   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview to determine if after hearing the position and job detail I believe the job would be something I would like doing. Interviewer gave an introduction. Interviewer let me know that my resume had been reviewed. I was asked to bring in for my interview my resume and reference letter. I was given the location and contact information.

Interview Questions

• Did you understand what the job entail? You have any questions? Would you like to come in for an interview?   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2016.

Interview

Had a panel interview with 2 managers. I thought it was a great interviews. Was given fingerprint cards. They stated would hear early May with class starting at the end of May.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview type questions from a manual.   3 Answers

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in January 2011.

Interview

The interview had 3 phases. You meet with a manager to understand the duties of the job. After your interview with the manager, you are taken to a current Benefit Authorizer to explain life on the job. Lastly, you meet with human resources to answer customer service related questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when a manager/supervisor/coach gave you criticism and how did you respond?   Answer Question