Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

One in-person interview. They had a script with questions and did not veer from it for anything. There were three Senior Attorney Advisors in the room asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you disagreed with a supervisor on an issue. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself motivated to complete a task if there are no deadlines?   Answer Question

Benefits Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two different people at the same time. All psychological questions. None about your experience. So terribly awkward. An amateur math test that a baby could pass.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show leadership skills, whether at work or school.   Answer Question

Technical Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Kansas City, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview of about 3 managers and they each asked you a question. Most of the questions were of course customer service based and "What would you do?"

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a customer that was angry?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a site other than USAJOBS. Emailed resume, cover letter, references as requested to email address provided. Was emailed about a week letter to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was conducted by two managing attorneys. It only lasted about 20 minutes. My references were called a few days later, but I was never contacted with an offer or notification of non-offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you felt the ALJ recommended a decision that you did not feel was supported by substantial evidence?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, standard questions, started with an opening and closing by the interviewer describing the job and asking if you are a citizen and if you are willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult legal issue you encounter and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted three days after announcement closed, interviewed three days later and received fingerprints cards three days later. It was for a bilingual position so I had two panel members one that spoke English only and the other one who was testing my language skills. It lasted around 45 min and they asked behavioral questions. For the foreign language portion I had to translate the questions and answer in Spanish. I received an offer a week after I mailed my fingerprints.

Most of the questions are based in past occasions dealing with difficult coworkers, difficult customers, exposure to diversity, dealing with difficult matters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time:
      That you had to deal with a difficult coworker
      That you Received criticism from supervisor
      That you have to communicate a difficult matter to a client
      Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Richmond, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me for an interview about 2 months later. I was selected and offered a position at 2 different times. One was about a week after the offer letter, the other was about 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was threatening to commit suicide while you were on the phone   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Application- referral- interview with option of appearing in person or over the phone. I opted for in person. There were 3 interviewers and 5-6 Behavioral questions and details about the job and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and why you want to work for SSA?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work in a group and someone wasn't doing their part? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What course of action would you take if your supervisor reached a conclusion you didn't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to research a difficult issue- how did you go about writing an the opinion?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a heavy work load?   Answer Question

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Fayetteville location. Applied via mail application to Atlanta office. Called for an interview. Before the interview I was given documents that had to be turned in within 2 days. Documents included tax forms, direct deposit, finger print cards, and some other documents. Interviewers read from a script and asked maybes 5 questions. Interview was really short. Was told they didn't do the hiring and that Atlanta office would notify them of the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group when someone didn't pull his or her share of the work? If so how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a supervisor has a problem with your work or sees something differently from you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

formal but quick. basic breakdown of the position being offered - benefits, pay, associated programs. Next was a typical by the book interview. fingerprints, sing a few releases, and it's done.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had an altercation with a superior   1 Answer