Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2017.

Interview

Took around 2 hrs. Gave overall the company info. Asked me if I have to give 2 weeks notification. Typical interview questions. I was not asked for fingerprints....does this mean I didn't get the job ???

Customer Service Interview

Application

Interview

Everything took about 2 months to complete . The panel interview consisted of 2 people asking questions one after the other. They interviewed me for 2 positions at once customer service and benefits authorizer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the last time you caused a negative experience for a customer?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

This was the most awkward interview that I've ever experienced. There were ten very formal and scripted questions, to which they did not respond. There were very long pauses after my answers that left me questioning if I had given enough/the correct information.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when your work was criticized and how you responded.
      How would you react if you disagreed with your supervisor's assignment/opinion?
      Describe a situation in which you've had a conflict with a coworker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on USA JOBS. Interviewed 3 weeks later. Interview was average. Two person panel going back an forth. It lasted about an hour. Phone call and email tentative offer 2 weeks later. Waiting on background check to clear.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Applied online.
    Interview notification by email.
    Interviewing with three interviewers includes the hiring manager in the middle.
    Takes about 1.5 hours.
    At the final part of the interview, read a message written by language other than English and asking some casual questions by that language.

Interview Questions

• What's the Most Difficult Decision You've Made?   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked 20 behavioral questions. I was able to complete the interview in 40 minutes and all of my referenced received a call the next day. Very pleasant interview experience panel of 2

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a demand from a boss if you disagree with what they are asking you to do   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three ladies and on man. They were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. They explained what the job entailed and that the person selected would be expected to be highly productive. They also mentioned the flexible work schedule and telework opportunities after the first year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Senior Case Technician with the SSA?

How would you handle a situation where you had to work with someone you don't get along with?

How would convince someone that didn't want to take your advice that your way is right?

What is your experience working with computers and software like Microsoft Word and Excel?

What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with three people. I applied online, was called for a phone interview the next day. Found out on the interview that it was the ONLY interview. All structured questions--they cannot respond to your answers so it's awkward. They called me for my references and called them promptly but I never heard back. I think I was eliminated after my reference said I hate being bored because I learned that this job is very boring. I'm not sure I would have accepted without ever meeting anyone in the office. It was a very rushed process because of the budget year.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a coworker that doesn't do their share   Answer Question
    • What's more important-getting work done on time or perfectly   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Recent Graduates Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Auburn, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed or called with day and time for in person interview. This is a panel interview. Then makes you do a mock phone call to help the customer. They will advised you if you passed interview or not via mail. They sent me a letter stating that I passed but then retracted stating they sent passing letter in error. Very unprofessional. this is a call center position so be prepare to see lots of obese coworkers and unqualified management. SSA still uses dos based software...

Interview Questions

• Ask why you want a job. I applied for the recent graduate position. I don't know if it wasn't obvious enough that a recent graduate needs a job after college.   1 Answer

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of three. There are three parts to the interview: behavioral questions, scenario questions and math quiz. As a recent graduate, it was pretty intense to go through. The panel was friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you have answered all of the customer's questions and they continue talking about a controversial issue, how do you handle it?   1 Answer