Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Fayetteville location. Applied via mail application to Atlanta office. Called for an interview. Before the interview I was given documents that had to be turned in within 2 days. Documents included tax forms, direct deposit, finger print cards, and some other documents. Interviewers read from a script and asked maybes 5 questions. Interview was really short. Was told they didn't do the hiring and that Atlanta office would notify them of the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group when someone didn't pull his or her share of the work? If so how'd you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a supervisor has a problem with your work or sees something differently from you?   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted three days after announcement closed, interviewed three days later and received fingerprints cards three days later. It was for a bilingual position so I had two panel members one that spoke English only and the other one who was testing my language skills. It lasted around 45 min and they asked behavioral questions. For the foreign language portion I had to translate the questions and answer in Spanish. I received an offer a week after I mailed my fingerprints.

Most of the questions are based in past occasions dealing with difficult coworkers, difficult customers, exposure to diversity, dealing with difficult matters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time:
      That you had to deal with a difficult coworker
      That you Received criticism from supervisor
      That you have to communicate a difficult matter to a client   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me via phone. Explained the position and then asked me if I have any questions. Then proceed to ask me scripted questions and then paused to write what I said down.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been critiqued and how did you respond
      What legal writing and research have you done that makes a good candidate
      Was there a time you ever was not given enough instruction by a supervisor—how did you respond and do   Answer Question

CS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

good and lengthy. Learn the SSA disability definition. Visit the website. to learn more about the agency and what the mission is. Remember challenging personal situations and how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Q: give us an example when you worked with someone you were uncomfortable with.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Took several months from application to hiring. Fairly onerous set of questions. Process seemed to be geared toward screening by Personel, who then forwarded only a few prospective candidates for interviews. Interview was informal for me, but other interviews of co-workers involved 2 or more interviewers who asked pointed questions. General approach is 'by the numbers', so one should pay careful attention to the initial questions on the job questionaire (several essay style answers, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Interview was very informal and friendly. I was solicited to apply for the position, so the biggest hurdle was getting past the Personell screeners who score the initial questionaire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, rather, simply a request to accept or decline. Very inpersonal.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

It was a 3 person panel.
    Everyone was very nice, intelligent & organized.
    This was the 1st interview - supposedly, there's something called a "Meet and Deal" that comes next.
    The purpose of this one was to establish a behavioral baseline to see what kind of person you are.
    Expect scenarios and questions about hypothetical situations as well as standard interview questions.
    You will be expected to relate to various past experiences which seemed to focus on stress in particular.
    You would also be well advised to do at least some cursory research about SSA and the position for which you're applying.
    Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario where they handed me a paper to look over that gave a brief explanation of what SSA does.
      They give you 5 minutes (if you need it) and allow you to take notes, but it's very brief and comprehensive - you shouldn't have to.
      Then, they'll play the scenario as a prospective applicant and you have to succinctly explain to them the parameters of eligibility.   1 Answer

Service Representative () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

I was referred by a university official as a great placement candidate for institutional work study/intern for the local Social Security Office. An appointment for an interview was scheduled with the office manager. Typical interview questions were asked. Nothing fancy. I think I was immediately offered the job based on my referral.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

I was previously a contractor with the organization so the interview process was non-existent. A short phone interview was held with my direct manager and the division director. Very rudimentary questions were asked and were centered around salary expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate starting salary with proper justification.

File Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (El Centro, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

You just sit in a office and they asked easy questions about you, for example: Are you studying? Why you want this job? Do you think you can excel in this company? Why you choose here?

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Panel of 3 people with 6 questions each. I was well prepared for the questions, and the interview lasted 20 minutes. I asked about when I would hear back from the panel, and they said it could be a few months because of budgeting issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use EQ. Give three words that describe who you are. How do resolve conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years. Tell us something about yourself. What drew you to apply to the SSA?   Answer Question