Social Security Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Carbondale, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 1st interview. Got a call for District Mgr. I met with a panel of two Dm's and another employee from the hiring office. Very friendly and positive setting. Described the job and benefits. Asked about 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you. What's your story.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you want the position. What do you like about it.   Answer Question
    • What would you bring to the table. What is your strength.   Answer Question
    • Data entry is an important part of the position. Do you have a familiarity with computers and office equipment? Can you type with both hands?   Answer Question
    • Had me read a piece of policy and give a quick summary of what I just read.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through USA Jobs and have veterans preference so I'm sure that help secure the interview. The interview was panel style with 4 managers, three of which have worked for SSA for over 20 years. It was more relaxed than I anticipated and we laughed alot. I wish I had prepared more for the questions they asked but hindsight is always 20/20. I went to the interview not knowing if I really even wanted the job but I left hoping that they would select me. Each of them expressed that helping others is the most gratifying thing about working at SSA. The questions were about how you handle conflict and large case loads. Also how you deal with negativity and if you are willing to help others with their case loads in order to get things done. After that I was fingerprinted and told I would here something in about a week or so. I'll update this when I find out whether or not over got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

There were three other candidates along with myself. We had an overview of the position, salary, benefits and training where we were allowed to ask question. Then we met with a panel of two and they asked us a series of questions. They left us a training excerpt to evaluate and came back and asked questions. I met with a woman who analyzed my Spanish speaking abilities. I was then fingerprinted. Everyone was very friendly. It took a little over three hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a person who wants to continue the conversation after there question has been answered?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in March 2016, recieved a call for an interview for April 5th. Interview took more than 2 hours, they ask a lot of situational questions and go over the job. Afterwards, I was asked to have my fingerprints taken and my references were checked the following day. Overall, it was an interesting process. I am still waiting for a call back.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed. I was asked alot of questions about dealing with difficult people. Also had to do a couple of role play scenarios after reading a brief paper on eligibility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult person.
      tell us a time you had to make a difficult decision? did you talk to anyone before making this decision?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2016.

Interview

You will have to face a panel of five hiring agents. My interview started at 2:30 and did not end until 4:30. I would advise you to have some customer service experience. They asked a lot of questions and took lots of notes. Make sure you dress professional, are on time, and you provide them with all the requested documents before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most difficult customer service experience and how did you overcome it.
      Be prepared to read from a section related to SS and answer scenario questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

sitting for several hours and a lot of writing. Asking and sharing many questions to answers chosen/selected when prompted. Interviewers take turn asking questions and the interviewers writ response on their interview sheet.

Interview Questions

• what was a typical day at work at previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

formal but quick. basic breakdown of the position being offered - benefits, pay, associated programs. Next was a typical by the book interview. fingerprints, sing a few releases, and it's done.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had an altercation with a superior   1 Answer

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Dothan, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was short I was asked one interview question about myself then it was just scenarios.

There was a two person panel with the director and the supervisor of that section. it was very easy to be comfortable because they where laid back and approachable. Just had the interview today so fingers crossed that they enjoyed me as well as I enjoyed them.

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview to determine if after hearing the position and job detail I believe the job would be something I would like doing. Interviewer gave an introduction. Interviewer let me know that my resume had been reviewed. I was asked to bring in for my interview my resume and reference letter. I was given the location and contact information.

Interview Questions

• Did you understand what the job entail? You have any questions? Would you like to come in for an interview?   1 Answer