Social Security Administration Senior Case Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Senior Case Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Case Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three ladies and on man. They were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. They explained what the job entailed and that the person selected would be expected to be highly productive. They also mentioned the flexible work schedule and telework opportunities after the first year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Senior Case Technician with the SSA?

How would you handle a situation where you had to work with someone you don't get along with?

How would convince someone that didn't want to take your advice that your way is right?

What is your experience working with computers and software like Microsoft Word and Excel?

What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Senior Case Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2015.

Interview

Asked about 7 behavioral questions, must answer with examples. Management lied about promotion potential and I had to ask specifically for an official offer letter after they just called me on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with your boss when you disagree with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (White Plains, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

1. Apply through usajobs.gov

2. If you are the best qualified candidate, then they will contact you by e-mail or phone

3. Attend the interview

4. Go through background check and reference check

5. Lastly, hiring decision is made and they will contact you if you are selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your long-term goal in 10years?   1 Answer
    • you have to analyze the cases sometimes, tell me what your experiences relate to this specific function.   1 Answer

Senior Case Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2010.

Interview

My interview lasted about an hour. The questions were mainly related to the customer service. However, the first question was: tell me something about yourself. The last question was: why should I hire you?

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Senior Case Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position around the first of March. Didn't hear anything from them until they called to set the interview this week (fourth week of April). Met with the office director and one supervisor. The director asked all the questions. The supervisor took notes. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Was asked approximately 10 questions with most being situational type of questions. The director advised the interviews would be completed this week and depending on how quickly the background checks came back, would make a decision within two weeks. All people interviewing for the position are requried to submit fingerprint cards (I had mine done at the local sheriff's department) and a three page form with background information questions - criminal, service record, etc. They provided a pre-adddressed/pre-paid FedEX mailing envelope to return the completed fingerprint cards and background form.

The questions asked included:

1) Name a goal you attempted but did not achieve;
    2) How would you deal with someone who is upset because benefits are denied;
    3) How you would handle a decision made by your boss or supervisor that you don't agree with;
    4) How do you handle/juggle multiple files when all are high priority;
    5) How do you deal with policies, rules and procedures you don't agree with.

After the questions, the director asked if I had any questions. I asked for a description of the day to day work, the caseload, travel, training and benefits. They made a note of every item I asked about.

Both the office director and supervisor were pleasant and easy to talk with. The office director was hard to read, so I'm not sure what to think as far as my chances of being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a goal you attempted but did not achieve   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with someone who is upset because benefits are denied   Answer Question
    • How you would handle a decision made by your boss or supervisor that you don't agree with   Answer Question
    • How do you handle/juggle multiple files when all are high priority   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with policies, rules and procedures you don't agree with   Answer Question