Social Security Administration Social Security Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Social Security Administration Social Security Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Woodlawn, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

Apply online USA jobs and took 1 year. OPM phone interview, then 2nd Phone interview, panel interview, department interview and 1 peer interview. I would suggest going on SSA.gov and reading and learning everything you can about current changes in SSA law, the number of people SSA services.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about social insurance? tell us about your writing ability.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was long and lengthy. I had to interview on the phone 2 times before being able to interview in front of a group setting. My veteran status put me on top of the list but there was a GPA requirement of 3.5/ which made me not eligible..

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Boston, MA) in June 2008.

Interview

I already worked for the agency when I applied for this job as a promotion. Thus, I only had a telephone interview. The process still took a long time because the hiring process at this agency is extremely slow.

Not that I wanted the interview to be excruciatingly hard, but I felt that the interview was too short for them to have a good sense of who I was. I more felt like they just asked a list of questions without really paying attention to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Can I compute a "WEP PIA" by hand? - This was most unexpected as I was not interviewing for a T2 job; I was interviewing for a T16 job even though I can definitely do T2 comps by hand!   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate. The salary is set by Congress and you know what it is even prior to applying.