SocialCode Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SocialCode Interview Questions

Interviews at SocialCode

2.7

Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was highly professional yet personable. After an initial short HR screening call, I had a longer phone interview (also with HR), followed by an assignment where I was asked to pull key insights from a mock Facebook campaign. As expected, the project was tedious and took a few hours; however, looking back, I appreciate that SocialCode has prospective employees complete this assignment, as it gives interviewees a preview/"taste" of what they will expect at SocialCode on the Partner Manager team. Finally, I had an in-person interview at the office where I met with three separate team members one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Sampling of Questions:

Why are you interested in SocialCode?
      What led you to be interested in joining a social media technology company?
      Tell me about your role at your current job.
      Are you more detail-oriented or big-picture/quick to get the job done?
      Walk me through your project.   Answer Question

Data Solutions Analyst Interview

Interview

The initial screenings and interviews went well, including the coding assessments. However after my final interview with three team members including the director, I never heard any response. For the first three weeks, after every follow up e-mail the recruiter kept saying she would get back to me with a decision by the end of the week. However never received any feedback and they just left me hanging.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by an Excel assessment (48 hours to complete)
    On-site interview with people on the team
    Last phone screen with VP

Overall an incredibly fluid and pleasant process. HR was really professional and I never had to wait more than 2 days to hear back. Everybody on-site was very friendly and welcoming.

10/10 would interview again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past internships
      What are you most proud of?
      Why SocialCode?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, than did a dataset, than in person interview (with 3 ad managers working there - each tried to focus on a different area - one the dataset, another on personal fit, third on relevant experience); all were very personable and seemed to also like a good personal fit

Interview Questions

• They asked questions to look at what relevant experience you have; general personality questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

4 interviews - 1 Phone Screen with the Recruiter, 1 Phone Screen with the VP, 3 Employees on the team I interviewed for

Data set to test data analysis skills (easy)

The interview process was super easy and somewhat disorganized. One of the people that I spoke with at the last minute got changed. The questions were not very difficult to answer. The employees spent a lot of time touting the benefits of working at SocialCode (i.e. the beer fridge, Margarita Thursdays, snacks, new equipment, etc). They spent very little or no time talking about the actual work besides the fact that it would be long hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated $10k more on salary

Ad Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a university connection and was contacted in a matter of days for an initial phone screen. The next step was analysis of a dataset, that I had 48 hours to complete. The process was relatively smooth. After submitting the dataset, I was contacted to arrange an in-office visit that involved meeting with 4-5 people who would be immediate co-workers.

Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to speak with throughout the process but, despite being given every indication that everything went well, almost two weeks went by without hearing anything back from the company. While this can be expected (hiring processes are inherently complicated) when I did hear back, it was via an automated e-mail with no personalization and no offer for feedback, etc.

From a company that is entering it's mature phase, I would have expected a bit more of a professional follow-up after investing almost five weeks in their interview process but all-in-all the experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• If you're familiar with social media marketing metrics (CPC, CPA, CTR) and basic excel, the dataset will be relatively simple. In office, questions seemed to really be more geared to your experience and "Why SocialCode?"   Answer Question

Ad Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phonecall - very standard. Received two problem sets that tested data crunching abilities. They are not too difficult although having two rounds was a little redundant, and it takes a while to get through. On site interview was a bit disorganized, it was clear that the interviewers didn't coordinate on dividing out the questions so I ended up repeating myself on numerous occasions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This initial stages of the interview process were very quick and straightforward- a quick phone screen and two data sets. I went into the office in New York and met with 6-7 people, and everyone I met with nice and positive. However, it was clear that the whole interview was very disorganized. It was obvious that a few of the people I met with had no idea they were going to interview someone, which is uncomfortable from the candidate's perspective. Afterward, I heard nothing. I followed up almost a month later saying how disappointing it was to receive no follow up, and I received no response. In my opinion, this is inexcusable and very unprofessional. Overall, the process left a very sour taste in my mouth about SocialCode as a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Phone interview with Lauren. 2) One database which is basically all pivot tables. 3) In person interview with three individuals on the team. The three individuals were separate back to back right after each other. They jumped around a lot in their questions and repeated a lot between the three people.

Interview Questions

• Why SocialCode? What makes you different? Tell me about yourself? What relevant experience do you have?   Answer Question

Ad Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SocialCode.

Interview

I went through the first phone interview with HR before pursuing another opportunity. The phone call was very personality based questions and HR had me walk them through my resume. The phone call ended with a data set being emailed to me that I was to complete an assessment on within a couple days.