SocialCode Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SocialCode (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was one of the WORST, most unprofessional experiences I've ever been through. The recruitment team for San Francisco was a complete nightmare to deal with!!! Where to start... Phone interview and on-site interview went well and coordination/communication was fine. After the on-site interview, everything went sideways. I was told they were finishing on-site interviews that week and by Friday, they'd be in touch. I never heard from them. I reached out on the following Monday and was told they were doing on-site interviews all week, and I'd hear from them by Friday of THAT week, which wasn't what they originally communicated. At that point, I already 'moved on' in my mind since: A. I didn't hear from them the Friday prior, and if I were an important candidate, I would have. B. If you're still casting the net for an additional week, clearly all candidates the week prior weren't what you wanted coupled with the non-communication. Shockingly, I heard from them that Friday, asking for my references. I heard from them on the following Tuesday with a verbal offer. In the verbal offer, they mentioned another candidate for the role and wanted to, 'give me the offer first'. Because of that, they were only giving me 24 hours to accept the offer AND I would be given a sign-on bonus if I started next week, in 4 business days. Yes, you read that correctly. Who mentions another candidate in a offer, massive pressure to sign and the rush to start?! Clock ticking, I receive no offer until mid-morning the day, I'm to accept the offer. So, not only was there zero follow-up after they sent the offer the day prior, "do you have any questions", "we're excited for you to join!", etc...nothing. Instead I got attitude where they were completely unapologetic, took no ownership that I didn't receive the offer and offered no solutions, like extending my time to review, nothing. At this point I wasn't sure if it was just the San Francisco recruitment team that clearly didn't care about people, or if that's the company culture. In any event, I passed.

Interview Questions