Society of Actuaries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Society of Actuaries

Sort:

Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Society of Actuaries (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

First, I went through a screening phone interview with one of the staffing agencies they were working with. Next, I was invited into the offices for a 2-hour in-person with multiple people including a potential colleague, the direct manager, plus someone in HR and another high ranking employee. A week later, was invited back for another in-person interview with the same direct manager and his boss. I was excited about the job and very confident with both phases of the interview. Was very disappointed when an offer wasn't extended. I did ask for feedback and was told they really liked me, but that they were concerned when I asked about the possibility of matching my current work-from-home schedule after a significant time on the job (right now, I have 2 days and they only offer 1). I find that is a very nit-picky reason to reject an otherwise qualified candidate. I think it implies a certain type of work culture from management that, in hindsight, might not have been a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I thought of when I heard the phrase "deep branching scenarios."   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Society of Actuaries (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It probably took a month total. I knew someone that worked at the company and they sent me a link to the application. First I did a phone interview that was about 30 minutes and pretty easy. The interviewer was extremely nice and happy to talk to me. The next round was in person at their office. There wasn't a tour or anything, I just went for an hour interview. I got the offer probably a week later. All questions during both parts of the interview process were typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person   Answer Question