Sodexo Catering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo Catering Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.8

Catering Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone screen and 2 face to face panel interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Spokane, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Long. From first resume submission to actual hiring I had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The entire process took 6 weeks. The actual in person interview was easy. Sodexo generated questions via a computer based system. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How important is communication in running your department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Upon application, I actually heard from them stating they received the application. That was positive! I had several phone interviews and one in-person interview. Then, I met the client. I was then asked to come back and meet the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenging guest. How did you overcome the challenge? Most of the questions began with, "Tell me about a time."   1 Answer

Catering Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online which was an easy process, but automated responses got a bit frustrating not be able to talk to an actual person.
    Phone screen by recruiter who had information about the position and account. Very basic questions about experience, salary requirements, previous/current employment situation, etc.
    Competency interview with another recruiter who just asked a series of questions and typed my response. Very impersonal so be prepared with answer to their questions about job experience and specific examples from previous jobs. Just read the job description and be able to explain your experience or have an example for each requirement.
    Phone interview with hiring manager. Similar questions to the competency interview. Able to ask more in depth, relevant questions regarding the specific job and duties.
    Panel interview with hiring manager, District Manager and other unit managers also including a site visit.
    The work culture can definitely be stressful so make sure you see where you will be working, meet who you will be working with and find out the good and the bad. It is best to go in with as much information as possible. It requires long hours so you spend a lot of time there so make sure you know what you are getting into.

Interview Questions

• When have you been asked to take on a new responsibility in addition to your daily duties?   1 Answer
    • Describe a dispute between two employees that did not get along.   1 Answer
    • When have you given a task to someone else rather than do it yourself.   1 Answer

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join sodexo   1 Answer