Sodexo Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. Met with executive, management team as well as peer interview with other directors. Met with district manager for dinner interview. Went to account to meet with staff.

Interview Questions

• What project did I work on that involved motivating or involving a group of individuals for a common goal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

First interview (by telephone) was a basic screening to see if my skills and experience matched the job description. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the interviewer shared very little information about the position.

The second interview was with a different interviewer (also by telephone). It was designed to measure your behavior in the interview process and how you answered questions about work situations. There was very little dialog. The interviewer would ask a question, then be silent while you answered while writing down your response. Then they would ask another question and repeat. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

It started with a phone screening, followed by an interview with hiring manager and finally a panel.
    They provided lots of info to detail what they were looking for.
    The whole process took about a month. They were fast at negotiating salary.

Interview Questions

• All scripted questions of the behavioral kind.
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had multiple competing deadlines of equal priorities. How did you handle all the workload?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I signed the offer accepting my new role as a director, I was then clarified that the role really was to fill in a manager's position; so none of the responsibilities that were discussed during the interview process were actually the ones I got assigned once I started on the job. It was pretty confusing.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Initial communication through email. Very strong positive experience meeting with senior leadership. Office located in a less than desirable area, but overlooked by strong global presence. I met with several members of the team from Human Resources and Operations. Was taken to lunch and dinner and flown down for the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my salary requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR in March followed a week later with a behavioral phone interview. Didn't hear back for 3 mos & then contacted by HR and the hiring manager. Supposed to have a 1:1 but didn't hear back for 2 weeks when I received a standard not-qualified e-mail. Only seemed to be interested in my previous salary and not at all with my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation wherein the client's policies went against company policy?   1 Answer
    • How much was your most previous salary and what are your salary requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview conducted to screen candidates. Then had a competency inerview (behavioral). Next with the hiring manager for skill assessment. And another set of interviews with the hiring manager's superior.