Sodexo Executive Chef Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo Executive Chef Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Screen
2. Phone Interview
3. In person interview
4. Background check
5. Let you know if you were selected or not

Sodexo has the same list of formatted questions for every job description. If you interview for an executive chef at two different locations, the interview process and questions are the same no matter where you apply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Executive Chef Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Several phone calls, really generic questions. The management sounds like a bunch of roots with no personality. They really don't care if you can cook or not. The salary was decent and they want you to work alot. Might as well just take a normal chef position.

Interview Questions

• "How do you keep a kitchen clean?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

i had a phone screen interview followed by a one on one with the district manager where i was given a tour of the operation and was informed about the specifics of the operation, was questioned about my experience,skikk set, size of my present operation,how many employees i supervised, menu selections,food and labour cost related questions, and finally a chef tasting with a mystery basket chef test

Interview Questions

• why would they hire me over other applicants   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

The process is lengthy, you have to wait for a recruiter, then the call from the hiring manager, then a face to face and lastly a district manager interview. Background check and then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with a task that was difficult to complete due to time constraints?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter first and then the hiring manager contacted me by email. It was a very pleasant procedure in witch I came to admire the operation and the company as a whole

Interview Questions

• If I were opening a unit in this location, how would I go about doing it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Several phone interviews, starting with recruiter, then GM and management panel interview (over the phone). The next step for me was arranging a visit to the location which was out of state. The company flew me there and put me in a hotel. I was given a mystery basket and had to cook several dishes under time restraints. Presented my dishes to the management team and some front line staff. A short interview followed the cooking test. I was offered the position 3 days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I was looking for. There wasn't much to negotiate.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

All done over the phone never met an actual person until my first day. Unprofessional second phone interview I was being taped and the machine kept breaking and I had to start over. Interviewer was robotic an uninterested in talking to me acted like she just wanted to get it over with. The third interview the skills part was great. Great person very professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest decision at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sodexo (Lewiston, ME) in November 2012.

Interview

4 interviews they were not good explain the challenges facing the department the office seemed cold and unwellcoming

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were difficult nothing that I could not answer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Columbia, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews. One phone screen, contact by hiring manager. Phone or in person interview consisting of 5-7 scripted questions. They are looking for you to tell a story on a professional level.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to delegate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sodexo (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in person at the job site with General Manager of the account. It is a standard scripted Sodexo interview. We discussed my back ground, education, experience, and why did I wish to relocate to the Portland area from California.

Interview Questions

• There was no one thing, there is a variety of situational questions to try to smoke out your actual experience level and management skills/style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me a reasonable offer for the position, so I accepted without much negotiation.