Sodexo Food Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo Food Service Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Bethlehem, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Was called by a recruiter a week later to go through initial interview. Was then asked to go in for interview with 2 managers. Was called about a week later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you got into an argument with a coworker   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long and some of the questions actually repeat themselves.
    You go through Three interview processes and then you wait almost 2 months for a result.
    It is almost a waste of time becuase by the time you hear back from them you almost forgot what is was you were interviewing for very dissapointed in the response time.

Interview Questions

• One thing they ask you was "Name a time when you disagreed, with your supervisor, with a task that was not as important as what you were currently working on."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrensburg, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Warrensburg, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

it was an easy interview.just the basic questions.no need of preparation.the recruiter was very nice.they asked me about my previous experience.they are very nice.if we are prepared for basics then we can get it.mostly they will ask about previous job experience and they will ask about to tell yourself

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone in HR. It went well and she told me that the district manager would call me and set up interview face to face. Received call next day from district manager and set up appointment. I had a good interview with what I thought at the time was a very nice person. We spoke for 30 minutes and then he proceeded to show me around the building and introduce me to every tom, sue and harry. He even pulled people out of meetings to introduce me to. He showed me every kitchen, closet, storeroom, stove, oven, refrigerator etc. in the place. HE MADE EVERY INDICATION THAT I WAS GETTING THE JOB. He was so relaxed with me that he was cursing and talking to me like we were two buddy's hanging out at a bar. He even was saying some derogatory things about a certain race of people, THATS HOW RELAXED HE WAS TALKING TO ME. After more then an hour he walked me out to the parking lot and TOLD ME HE HAD ONE MORE INTERVIEW TO DO AND HE WOULD CALL ME WITHIN A WEEK. I NEVER HEARD FROM THIS CLOWN AGAIN. I EVEN CONTACTED SODEXO AND THEY NEVER EVEN RESPONDED TO MY INQUIRIES. Looking back I am thrilled I never got the job, if this is how they are just in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• He gave me nine questions. Stupid moronic situation questions about have you ever been in a situation where your boss asked you to get something done by a certain time idiocy. How about asking me the temperature of cooked pork? Something a little relevant.   3 Answers

Sodexo Response

Jan 16, 2015 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Hi there- I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you have described here. This is certainly not acceptable practice, and I encourage you to send an email to SodexoCareers.USA @sodexo . com (no ... More

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process: post for the job online, go through a phone screen (basically confirming your application information) and then an in person interview. Questions were typical behavior assessment style, i.e. Tell me about a time when... About a week long process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate/non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Davis, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I first looked for salary positions that I qualify for in my field and began online applications. I received a call/email for a scheduled phone interview. That went very well as I seemed to be a good fit "ethically" for the position. I proceeded to a panel interview and with my profession and schooling gave me enough positive vibes to the interviewers. By the end we were all laughing and I felt fairly confident. I got a call about a week later thar I got the position. Know what hospitality means to you. Understand professional safety standards for food and service.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of hospitality?   1 Answer

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Interviewed with another unit's director and his assistant. Asked very pertinent situation questions and they seemed to be very pleased with my answers. Didn't hear from them for about three months afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Give me a recipe from start to finish for a soup other than the usual chicken noodle, tomato, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Rockville, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with the GM of one unit, gave a tour of the facility, asked some basic questions and then off to see the GM of the entire contract. Neither GM really gave a damn about you as person, they just needed bodies to fill the positions. The really fluff the job, but once inside, it is whole different ballgame.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the waitstaff if you are short on a given night.   1 Answer

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo in January 2008.

Interview

Applied in January and continued to work with a few different HR reps ( all very kind in voice and seemingly helpful with answers to the questions I had) until a position in my area came about. Working with persons who seem very interested in working with you to achieve the best possible fit was very refreshing. I did all of my interviewing via phone and then finished the paperwork via on-line and throught the mail. Drug testing and other background checks were completed prior to the first day. Overall, the interview process and actual events were smooth - it just seemed like it took forever.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty getting a co-worker to help you with a project and how did you handle it? What was the end result? How would you handle it differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was an entry level interview and the position was posted and described in such a way that the recuiter actually made it known at the very beginning what the pay and benefits would be. Very up-front - no room for negotiation.

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo in October 2009.

Interview

Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle   Answer Question