Sodexo General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo General Manager Interview Questions

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and disorganized. I start out with one hiring manager and was handed off to another. HR told me the previous person was promoted, the final hiring manager told me they were fired. Then he continued to tell me negative things about the initial hiring manager. The icing on the cake was he had already placed his internal candidate into the position and had me interview with her during the in person interview. She spent all the time talking to him about how great a job she was already performing. It seemed as though the choice had been made but I was just a corporate protocol to overcome to give the job to his candidate. Super waste of time and very unprofessional. He stated he was concerned that I did not know their computer system, I have 20 years of work experience with more complex computer systems that measure more than just time sheets and a MBA. Really, a high school graduate from food service is better qualified? His justification for not offering me the job, the other candidate was already doing such a great job the client wanted to keep her. The client during the interview stated it was not up to him and he really liked my qualifications. Who do you believe?

Interview Questions

• not a lot of question that would help in a job interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Several Phone, then Skype interview.s poke to human resources first, then was interviewed with district manager, and then several chefs. Then human resources again. Then was interviewed in person at the university. At that point was over job

Interview Questions

• Want to know about my Catering experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the national client executive on site to tour and have face time. Questions focused mainly on ability to adapt to an ever changing environment with high retail expectations. Financial acumen is a plus, and a history with food service is a must. The team operated on a Monday through Friday schedule, so the interview process seemed to take a bit longer than I would have liked.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter skills assessment, hiring manager/district manager behavioral based interview, and client interview (depending on size it could be a panel of interviewers). Overall process can take anywhere from 2 weeks up to a month between background checks, interviews, and offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a scheduling conflict with an employees schedule and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then with client and Sodexo management. Many situation questions were asked. Tell me about a time when you... .. .. The process took about two weeks. They choose the best qualified and schedule interviews. They do post and interview for jobs when they have a potential person in mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Houston, TX).

Interview

This company is such a JOKE!!! I’ve interviewed several times with several Directors and HR. They call at anytime to give a phone interview, they tell you how great you are and they like your management style then complete silence. No job offer and no feed back, they have a very high turnover rate in the Texas area and if they run the company like they treat potential employees I see why they have such a high turnover rate! I look for this company to loose the contract very soon because the hospital they are at are not very happy with their service.
    Don’t bother applying they lead you on for months (in my case it was 6 months) and they refuse to give any feedback after you waste a lot of time with them.

Interview Questions

• If I ask for a budget what would you include in the report.   Answer Question

Sodexo Response

Jul 3, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about this situation you have described and can ensure you that this is not a typical experience. While the length of the... More

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Very impressive organization with the hiring and interview process. They call when they say they will. They are very fair in asking same questions to all candidates and very thorough in finding the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Planning stages of a catering event for a management position without catering.   Answer Question

Sodexo Response

Feb 27, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're happy you felt the process went smoothly, and you are correct in your statement that we do ask the same questions of all candidates to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sodexo (Tucson, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then District Manager then panel interview with, client employees. Then another round of interviews with the CEO and then more interviews with the Nursing Director, CFO., Program Manager

Own home and business.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sodexo in June 2013.

Interview

Responded to APPA posting for General Manager for Facilities. Was called the next business day and had a 30 minute interview screening to determine my interest in the position, location, and salary range. This interview also provided the recruiter with enough information about my background to decide I was a potential fit for the position.

At the end of this phone call, I was sent a link to a Sodexo web site and was asked to complete an application online, and I was scheduled for a 30 minute competency interview the next day.

Sodexo has a very detailed list of competencies for each position with a group of core competencies and some specific to each role. The second interview asked behavioral questions based on the competencies. You can prepare for this interview by thinking about your accomplishments in terms of these competencies and answering in the format they prescribe (I was sent an interview guide).

I am waiting to hear if I will be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you started a project and discovered you were missing a key resource.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Post on line, phone screen, DM interview, Client/group interview

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your one greatest attribute as it applies to this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, take it or we will move to next candidate