Sodexo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.4

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Jefferson City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

They wanted a person who wants to do their job. They want the person to fit the job not job fit person. Very laid back and open. Willing to answer any questions I had yet in a very professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to learn other things, plumbing, carpentry, etc?
       Was there another position I would be willing to accept if was i applied for was offered to another person?
      Answer Question

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview, asked 5 questions to each of us, received job offer two days later. Was not a difficult interview, no extremely personal questions just mainly asking about past jobs and other things that you have done to help people.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously helped a friend?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through the hiring process with Sodexo I was hired found a job that I was hired for was not what I wanted I'm a banquet server and incredible at what I do so if you can find something in that area I would appreciate it

Negotiation

Are you said they wanted $15 an hour and the process to be hired took a month-and-a-half because there was a mix-up with my application and it took two weeks for a background check and once I was hired I realized it was the job I wanted they offered me another dollar 25 an hour to stay and run the whole law division at Northwestern I declined

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Boston, MA).

Interview

The first step is a phone interview with a recruiter. Once that is completed I received a one on one Situational interview style interview with the hiring manager. It is protocol that they follow the interview guide verbatim and grade you on a scale. The questions are fairly easy as long as you can answer and talk to each situation in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with multiple priorities and deadlines at one time. How did you about it? What was the outcome.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online via job board. Received email from HR rep 1 week later outlining the job location and salary range with a link to schedule a phone interview with a list of 10 detailed questions to be answered and emailed back before the interview. Scheduled phone interview for the following week. Phone interview: HR stated that the location in the JD was actually inaccurate and it was actually 35 miles further than the location which was listed (but they couldn't disclose in which direction due to "extreme secrecy" around an open bid). Also stated they couldn't discuss ANY job responsibilities (again, extreme secrecy) so instead spent the entire time talking about how GREAT Sodexo is! Also, we never reviewed the 10 questions submitted in advance. Tell me again, why did we have to set up an interview? Ended conversation with "should hear something 'any day' and will get back to you." Then nothing. After 1 week, I sent a follow up email. Received a response that they still don't have a signed contract, but should have one "any day" and details will be sent to me. This follow up/'any day now' reply went on for nearly 2 months! Finally, 2.5 months later, received an email saying I wasn't chosen for an "interview" but was strongly encouraged to continue searching for opportunities within Sodexo. Really?! I understand that limited information is required sometimes and I definitely understand not being chosen for an interview, but when you string your applicants along for 2+ months, there's a problem in your hiring process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Little Rock, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was great and the Gm was an awesome lady as well as her HR dept. I was treated very good. I had no problem adjusting to the atmosphere. Parking wasn't the easiest but hey I learned and I'm looking for to retiring at Sodexo I would refer anyone to the job it's easy and when it's hard you have a strong support system

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for nine dollars I got nine dollars. Very easy

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo in May 2016.

Interview

Everyone is placed in a conference room at first until you are called. Very Smooth Interview. After the interview thry pay for the drug test and you should probably get it done the same day. Everyone Was Very Nice.

Interview Questions

• Name A time where you placed with a co worker you didn't get along with, why should i hire you?, name a time where you put in extra effort to finish something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is Just Go with The flow And everything else will follow Don't be nervous just be yourself!!!

Caterer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

I was called in to meet with the catering director. More than wanting to know previous experience with food industry its important for them to see good people skills, customer service, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to diffuse a situation with a customer being dissatisfied   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interviewers were warm hearted and patient.
    They made me feel at ease and provided me with a great offer on the same day I interviewed.

They also worked with me on my schedule as I had some upcoming obligations I'd already agreed to.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo in April 2016.

Interview

Behavioral types of questions were asked on past or current experience. Limited time to discuss actual role. Felt rushed in my opinion. Approx 1 hour and about 7 questions I think. Panel interview.