Sodexo Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Sodexo Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.9

Catering Manager IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process can be tedious but isn't difficult if you are prepared. The vast majority of the interview is "Describe a situation...." type scenarios. It's helpful to have many examples ready and notes written so you can give descriptions easily. Give as much detail as possible. I was already an employee for Sodexo when I interviewed for this position. Looking back, I should have been more specific and not assumed the interviewer already knew details of what I was describing.

Interview Questions

• Examples, describe a time you had to meet a deadline.
      Describe a time you had conflict with an employee.
      Describe a time and event didn't go the way you planned.
      1 Answer

Buyer/Performance Interiors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to for an appointment for an phone interview the interview was about my work history. second interview was at Sodexos's North American office They had 3 people in the interview. They were friendly took turns asking questions. The question were about how Ii solved problems and my work experience in the past. The interview was 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to complete your job. This was the hardest question. the interview is striped and not that bad.   Answer Question

Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Their hiring and interview process was very well organized. First interview was a phone screening with an HR recruiter. Second interview was conference call with a panel of senior hiring managers. Third interview was a one-on-one, face to face interview with the hiring managers on site.

Interview Questions

• HR screening interview was mostly questions on your background and experiences.
      Hiring Manager interview was mostly behavioral interview questions-- ie. Tell me about a time, you had to work with different people to reach a goal, how did you go about it? what was the outcome and what did you learn from the experience?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was what I expected.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a comfortable and homely experience. The person that interviewed me was a nice, laid back person. By the time he finished telling about the company and the many different opportunities, you kind of what to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I explained that I was a Cook, and the Operation Manager at the time said that they did not need Cooks but they needed Cashiers. And he told me the pay was $8.75 and hour even though I had tons of work experience.
    After he hired me as a Cashier, he took me off the cash register within a week and had me working in the kitchen because they needed kitchen staff and refused to pay me what I was suppose to get paid for working in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a food service license?   1 Answer

Reservationist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

They conducted a telephone interview. Then two face-to-face interviews with Manager and General Manager, on the same day. Was offered the position after background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult co-worker? if so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

I obtained the interview through a personal contact. Everything went well during the interview. The big barrier here was that although I have plenty of sustainability experience I had no specific experience with the food services industry. I heard back by e-mail that I had not received the position. It was a good experience even though I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have LEED Certification?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in the food services industry?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview conducted to screen candidates. Then had a competency inerview (behavioral). Next with the hiring manager for skill assessment. And another set of interviews with the hiring manager's superior.