SoftLayer Data Center Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SoftLayer Data Center Technician Interview Questions

1.6

Data Center Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftLayer in May 2015.

Interview

I put in a job application on IBMs website. It took about 2 months for them to get back to me. Then a phone screen, then a panel interview of 2 people sitting in and one on the phone. They asked a couple of questions about windows, servers, and linux. As well as a couple of out the box thinking questions. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• "how do you build a PC" "What is RAID 0 vs RAID1" "what are 10 linux commands?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SoftLayer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftLayer (Chantilly, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Most of the interview revolved around hardware, networking and some software? There were some trick questions involved. The trick questions were merely a test just to see how a person thinks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SoftLayer (Addison, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very lax. You will enter the front where security will stop you and make you wait for who ever called you. You will be given a temporary badge and taken on a short tour and offered an energy drink. There are confrence rooms upstairs where the interview will take place. 1 or 2 people will interview you. The questions will be right out of any top 20 interview questions list. You will be asked if you have any questions. I suggest asking about salary and benifits because they are not mentioned in their interview process. Good luck and GOD bless.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SoftLayer (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

I seriously laughed. It was two guys sitting you down in a room questioning you about the simplest technical questions. They try to intermediate you, I started laughing halfway through. I guess I'm just not used to Texas and how things are done there.

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed, I took my $12/hr since I was broke.

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SoftLayer (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed over skype by US based management. Wont be the same now I don't think as this was before they had established themselves in Australia. Waited a few weeks to hear anything. Then was sent to an employment agency and was signed on with them as Softlayer didn't have any HR set up in Australia yet. So technically I worked for the employment agency for 3 months before I was hired on as a Softlayer employee.