Softcat Interview Questions in Marlow, England | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very simple process... but you were largely forgotten about. Everyone was put into a room together and left alone for probably a total of 1 hour. The HR were lovely and they brought you into the office, and offered you drinks. Then you got given mini lectures by the current sales team - which were largely not useful and a bit of a waste of time. Then you had to do a pitch for a product of your choice through a mock cold call and then a pitch about yourself. The whole process took about 5 hours when it was said to have taken 2-3, many people then had to sit in traffic. Afterwards we were escorted out and didn't get to really have a networking opportunity - which many people were hoping would happen.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview went well and got me to stage 2.
    I met the HR representative first - "you will fit in here very well" .
    Met with the project team next and thought it went well.....they told me i would hear within a week.

A month later - Result
    I' don't know...They didn't have the decency to let me know...........Not even two letters "NO".
    They promote their values as being the driving force behind the business but they mean nothing to me........... ..

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process began at 1pm and ended at around 5.20pm so be prepared for a long day! The large majority of the process was in a group setting apart from the cold call, so if you're not the most confident person ever, I would definitely work on your confidence just so that you don't get over shadowed by the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Softcat?
      Why Softcat should employ me?   Answer Question

Sales Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face. Overall experience was that 1. you didnt need to be a graduate. Its an insult to those who have been at University to say its graduate.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by a group presentation. You are asked to stand up in front of the class like a child and asked why you like sales. The whole thing messes with your mind.

Technical Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Process was relaxed and straight forward. Your CV gets you the interview, the interview process is to see whether your personality fits the business. This is because attitude is part of the softcat USP. You will meet several HR/management figures who will democratically decide. They don't go for corporate types. They look for hardworking people (fun loving BUT achievement driven - if you are just in it for the parties you won't get the job.)

Interview Questions

• Do a presentation your favorite technology   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because I was a graduate. I have since negotiated a team change and several pay increases

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

The first stage of interviews is a group assessment day. There are three parts. First you are told all about Softcat, it's culture, values and plans etc. The second part is a presentation to the other candidates about who you are, what job you are applying for and why you think Softcat should employ you. The third part is a mathematics and literature test in which you answer questions and read a passage to find certain things.

The second part of the interview is a face to face interview with 3 team leaders who go through the usual interview process, asking questions about you, your past working experience, hobbies etc and the main reason for this (I believe) is to understand more about you as a person to see if you would be a good fit for Softcat and their team.

The third stage is a phone conversation with the Sales Director who tries to find out more about you again to see if you would be a strong candidate.

If you apply for a role that Softcat don't think you would be suited to they will usually offer you to interview for a role you might be more suited to. It is an intense process but it is to make sure that you are perfect for the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Softcat?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered salary had a £3000 gap and I was able to negotiate to the mid point.

Sales Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softcat (Marlow, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

First stage telephone interview with a member of the recruitment team. I was then invited in for face to face interview. I then met a HR member followed by the Sales support manager then the 2 members of the team I'd be working for..