Softchoice Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.5

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

More than 4 interviews. Long process - the company wants to triple check they are Hiring the right person for the job. Most of the interviews are straight forward and they really want to get to know you and see if your fit into the company culture

Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a co-op job as a Licensing Operations Student, and was only a 20 minute phone interview. The interviewer was really friendly. The questions were somewhat general and mostly behavioral. You should definitely learn a bit about the company before going for the interview, i.e. when was it founded, etc. She asked me at the end if I can come for a face to face interview afterwards.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was reached out by an HR personnel for a phone screen and offered an in person interview.
    Overall the interviewer seemed to be skewed towards male candidates and changed the requirements of the job description in the interview i.e. he was looking for things that were not in the job description posted by the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Professional Services and Project Management?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the different phases of a project?   1 Answer
    • What is your plan for next 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with technical project and how technical are you?   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through my schools job bank for Coop.
    Interview was all about me, nothing technical.
    Previous projects and experience.
    The interviewer was really friendly. I asked a lot of questions and all of them were answered. All the answers I received were above my expectations.

Master Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I recently received an offer from Softchoice and I wanted to share with everyone the exceptional communication I have experienced while dealing with the senior talent advisor. She was always quick and prompt in her responses, while keeping me up to date with any changes occurred during the process and updates from the hiring manager. She answered all my questions on a timely manner and provided me any additional information I was inquiring in regards to the position and/or the company. The process took over 5 weeks but she made sure once or twice a week I was well informed with any updates. This experience has surged my desire to work with the company as I felt my time and efforts were very respected and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• what is the 30 seconds sales pitch about yourself and why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Microsoft Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially got the an interview with the manager fairly quick, within 2 days of applying, as the recruiter mentioned, they wanted to fill this role quickly and I was an excellent match for the position. Interview with the manager went very well. One week later, and a follow up interview with someone from the team where it was a technical interview, this interview went well too. One week later, and now into the third week of the interviewing process, had an interview with the director of the team, again this interview went very well. I left with the impression an offer was around the corner. Well, days went on by, and days later the recruiter got back to me indicating the headcount was being reconsidered, told me to check in about 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, call the recruiter, as per his/her request. The recruiter never returned my call, nor had the decency to email me back. The manager/director were great, however this recruiter was the definition of unprofessional, has turned me off from the company. Good riddance.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I read all the reviews about the company, interviews, and training. I took everything with a grain of salt and ill see for myself.

I was approached by an HR recruiter from Softchoice, he was nice and gave me some background of the company and the role.

Afterward, I was set up to have a phone interview with a talent advisor for the following day ( this is where everything started to go wrong).
    I did't not receive a phone call at the discussed time, or at all in fact. I had reached out to the initial person I spoke to and I was advised that the talent advisor needed to reschedule due to an emergency - no problem!

My phone call was rescheduled for the next day, however I did not receive a phone call again.
    A normal person would normally just throw in the towel at this point. However, I was interested in the positions and saw great potential working for the company. I reached out again and the advisor claimed they did not receive my email - highly doubt that.

After the third attempt(Friday), we finally connected and he was very nice and apologized for the miscommunication. Moving forward, the phone interview was very casual, some addition info about the company, role, compensation, my background, etc basic stuff. At the end of the call, we setup an in person interview for the following Monday. I was told that I would be emailed confirmation with the time, date, location, person who will be interviewing - i never received the confirmation.

The position sounded very interesting, challenging, and a great opportunity. I didn't want to discredit a company due to incompetency of a employee who can't stick to appointments or sent emails.

The Monday morning I followed up by email to confirm my interview and the details, no response... I called a few house later and connected. At this time this advisor actually cursed ( good image your setting of the company ) on the phone when he realized he did not send me anything

At this point, I am convinced that this person is just flat out unorganized, incompetent, and has no respects others time. I was asked to call him after my interview so he could get an answers if they will be moving forward.

My interviewer was on time and was very nice. I felt the interview went well - very basic and straight forward.

After my interview I reached out to the talent advisor who said he would call me back at a specific time -to no surprise, he failed to call me back... again. Follow up email's have been sent out, but no response.

It is actually mind blowing to see an IT company of this size have such poor, unprofessional, unreliable individuals working in HR. Business Development does not just start with clients, but with your candidates and employees - the respects you show for your clients valuable time should also be the same respect you show professionals who want to work with you and for you.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Mar 23, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are constantly looking to improve the overall candidate experience we provide.

Your time is valuable, and should at all times be respected by everyone at... More

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a longer process than it needed to be only to find out I was not selected to move forward. I first had a 1 hour call with HR and went over my entire resumé, only to go through the entire resumé with the hiring manager once more. I drove over 100km for the interview, thought I nailed it and turned out not to be selected.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in January 2017.

Interview

In short. The recruiter who got me excited about the role was awesome and good at her job. The HR person who interviewed me was the walking definition of "can I speak to the manager". She was rude abrasive and completely hostile! I accidentally mixed up her name with that of a male name. My mistake. One which I apologized for profusely. She then went through my resume and antagonized me on every career decision I ever made. And I mean antagonized. By the end of the whole process I couldn't care less about softchoice or the job, I just never wanted to run into this person again. You read about people like her and then you meet her and its like oh my god, why are you like this. Anyways the position was an absolute joke. Six weeks of training or something like that and if they don't like you too bad, six weeks gone. They had all the sales people stuck in the basement as well. A little depressing. Anyways there are greener pastures, you may be able to pet a dog at the office now and then but doesn't seem worth the trouble if you were to run into the HR witch.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in the company, with a simple reply we had a phone interview set up for later that week. On the call it was quite casual with a lot of "tell me about your experience". I asked several questions to gain some information on the company and work atmosphere and the recruiter was happy to provide any information needed.