Softchoice Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I read all the reviews about the company, interviews, and training. I took everything with a grain of salt and ill see for myself.

I was approached by an HR recruiter from Softchoice, he was nice and gave me some background of the company and the role.

Afterward, I was set up to have a phone interview with a talent advisor for the following day ( this is where everything started to go wrong).
    I did't not receive a phone call at the discussed time, or at all in fact. I had reached out to the initial person I spoke to and I was advised that the talent advisor needed to reschedule due to an emergency - no problem!

My phone call was rescheduled for the next day, however I did not receive a phone call again.
    A normal person would normally just throw in the towel at this point. However, I was interested in the positions and saw great potential working for the company. I reached out again and the advisor claimed they did not receive my email - highly doubt that.

After the third attempt(Friday), we finally connected and he was very nice and apologized for the miscommunication. Moving forward, the phone interview was very casual, some addition info about the company, role, compensation, my background, etc basic stuff. At the end of the call, we setup an in person interview for the following Monday. I was told that I would be emailed confirmation with the time, date, location, person who will be interviewing - i never received the confirmation.

The position sounded very interesting, challenging, and a great opportunity. I didn't want to discredit a company due to incompetency of a employee who can't stick to appointments or sent emails.

The Monday morning I followed up by email to confirm my interview and the details, no response... I called a few house later and connected. At this time this advisor actually cursed ( good image your setting of the company ) on the phone when he realized he did not send me anything

At this point, I am convinced that this person is just flat out unorganized, incompetent, and has no respects others time. I was asked to call him after my interview so he could get an answers if they will be moving forward.

My interviewer was on time and was very nice. I felt the interview went well - very basic and straight forward.

After my interview I reached out to the talent advisor who said he would call me back at a specific time -to no surprise, he failed to call me back... again. Follow up email's have been sent out, but no response.

It is actually mind blowing to see an IT company of this size have such poor, unprofessional, unreliable individuals working in HR. Business Development does not just start with clients, but with your candidates and employees - the respects you show for your clients valuable time should also be the same respect you show professionals who want to work with you and for you.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Mar 23, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are constantly looking to improve the overall candidate experience we provide. Your time is valuable, and should at all times be respected by everyone at ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a longer process than it needed to be only to find out I was not selected to move forward. I first had a 1 hour call with HR and went over my entire resumé, only to go through the entire resumé with the hiring manager once more. I drove over 100km for the interview, thought I nailed it and turned out not to be selected.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in the company, with a simple reply we had a phone interview set up for later that week. On the call it was quite casual with a lot of "tell me about your experience". I asked several questions to gain some information on the company and work atmosphere and the recruiter was happy to provide any information needed.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant and smooth. The recruiting/HR team was quick to respond to any questions or requests and set up the interviews fairly quickly. The questions were also standard and reasonable. The only suggestion I have is to consider implementing a policy or process that interviews internal applicants first and upon determination that they're not qualified, move on to posting and interviewing external applicants. It took away a lot of my time and effort to prepare and participate in the interviews when an internal candidate was more qualified and ended up being offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a response after two weeks. Phone screen first, then in-person Panel interview. Phone screen was about 15 minutes. In person interview were between 45-min to 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was one phone interview with a recruiter and one face to face interview with the Territory Sales Manager and the HR specialist. The interview was kind of friendly with the emphasis of making 100 cold calls per day and generating your own leads. They will also talk about their rigorous training and how you feel about it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making 100 cold calls per day?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you managed to do a task with minimum instructions?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Softchoice?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received positive criticism and how did you react to it?   Answer Question
    • How would you go and find new leads to contact them?
      How do you reach the decision maker? How would you sell our products?
      Answer Question

Contract Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview scheduled and it was cancelled 1/2 hour before as the recruiter had to attend a meeting and was told she would reschedule. Did not hear back for a couple of days and I emailed her asking if she still wanted to meet. Had about a 30 minute telephone interview and the was told that the hiring manager thought that I was too senior for the position but the recruiter wanted to speak to me anyway. The recruiter told me to continue to check their website and email her directly if I saw anything interested me. Was a waste of my time preparing for an interview that was going no where from the start.

Interview Questions

• Asked how long it would take me to get to their office.   Answer Question

Softchoice Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We take the candidate experience very seriously, and are committed to providing a memorable experience, that reflects positively on our ... More

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was straight forward. I only attended one interview and then I was accepted the next day for the job. I think everyone else from my cohort were also interviewed and received an offer the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First is a quick phone interview with HR recruiter. If that is successful they invite you for in-person interview at their office. That interview is about an hour. Standard interview, asking about experience, personality etc.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to deal with criticism from either a colleague or customer.   Answer Question

Base salary was significantly lower (sub $40k/yr) than what I was currently making and well below similar roles in the Toronto area. While OTE was attractive (and they did offer a signing bonus to offset some of the difference for the first year), it was just too low to accept.

Service Desk Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process:
    Part 1
    -Phone Screening
    Asked personal questions and began asking a few technical questions.
    (Honestly thought I did terrible over the phone but turned out I did better than I thought as I got asked to come in for a 1:1 face to face interview! "woohoo")

Part 2
    -1:1 Face to Face Interview Two Weeks Later
    -Arrived at 9 for 9:15 interview in Toronto
    -Checked in at the secretary desk that way the interviewer knew I was in the building.
    -After 15 minutes or so I met the IT infrastructure manager who took me into one of the boardrooms to proceed with the interview.
    How it Went?
    -Amazing!
    -interviewer was super nice, comforting, and very down to earth.
    -The interview was just as positive as the workplace itself
    -P.S Did I mention this workplace is DOG friendly, so immediately I was greeted with some beautiful dogs passing through as all employers who have dogs can bring them into work. How awesome it that!!!

Interview Questions

• What I know about the "Cloud" regarding Office 365   1 Answer