Softchoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Softchoice Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a referral with around two weeks before the initial interview over the phone. I felt very comfortable during the interview and seemed to go smoothly, lasted about 45 minutes. After the phone screen, was given an online personality survey rating kind of like a Meyers Briggs assessment, followed by another survey self rating regarding Culture Fit type of responses. Each of these surveys took an additional 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a sacrifice you made for the team/organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and I was excited to get an in person interview. However after digging in on Glassdoor I found somethings that made me stop the process.

1. There are a lot of "fake" posts on Glassdoor that were clearly posted to make the company seem like a more positive place to work. Please read all reviews and decide which you believe to be legit.

2. You have to share a hotel room with a complete stranger during their 4 week training program in Toronto. This was never mentioned to me, I had to ask after reading a Glassdoor review.

3. You are let got if you don't "pass" the training program. It should be called something else and this should be discussed immediately by the recruiter. Imagine leaving a job to take this one only to find out later you might be let go if you don't pass a 4 week training program in Toronto.

Feedback: be more transparent. The above issues are hugely important when considering changing careers. I feel this was not discussed because it is a deal breaker for applicants and that is not honest.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thanks for your review! You might be surprised to know we encourage all employees - from new recruits to tenured folks - to leave honest, transparent reviews on Glassdoor about what it's really like ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter, lasted about an hour. Talked about my background, behavioral questions, why I was interested in the role, and discussed the position and company. After that, was invited in the office to interview with a Sales Manager. This was more structured, as she had a set of questions she was going through. Mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when", and questions geared towards their company. They really want to know that you did research on them and want to work for them. Didn't hear back from them after a few weeks, and then sent another email and was informed they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an issue, had to develop a solution, and then acted on it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in December 2016.

Interview

The company has you meet with their executives at their office and tell you a bit about their organization. After they tell you about their company they proceed to find out more about you and your background.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice in August 2016.

Interview

It never happened. The recruiter scheduled a time and then stood me up. No email or heads up or anything. I sent an email to ask what happened and also no reply.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with the regional sales manager and a project manager for over an hour and a half. We discussed the challenges they are facing and how I could assist in addressing them. We discussed how I would assist the team with new clients and projects and my experiences in developing cliente relationships and assisting the engineering staff to complete projects.

Interview Questions

• Hiow would I handle a cold meeting with a potential new client   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with a hiring manager in Toronto, who was very thorough when explaining the position and training required for the position. I appreciated all the time he took to get to know me and making sure I knew everything about the job. The next week I went in for an in person interview with one of the ISAM managers, which was straight forward and one of the most enjoyable interviews I have experienced so far. The location is great, the office has a bright, vibrant culture. I also did a y-connect or a job shadow session in other words.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1 day 3 step interview. Step 1 was an interview with 2 managers who as general interviews questions. Part 2 is with the training manager and he tells you about the training process and asks your thoughts on the process and whether you would be a good fit for it. The 3rd part is a job shadow to learn more about what the role entails.

Very friendly people and great environment. They are extremely picky about who they hire, as I was rejected because I was told my interview conversation didn't carry a good flow.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice in April 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based, generic interview questions, however, the last two questions have the potential to throw you off. You will get asked questions like describe your greatest accomplishment, a time you dealt with conflict, a time you took initiative, etc. Okay experience.

Interview Questions

• The leaders of the company are selling it to you. Before you buy the company, what are the three questions you will ask the company's leaders?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Norcross, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone interview with a recruiter named Dana, She was 10 minutes late to the interview, After a few questions around my background she begin telling me about the position. She called the position product manager instead of project manager which made me skeptical and she proceeded to tell me that the position requires you to manage from 20 up to 30 projects that range from 3 weeks to 6 months simultaneously. I automatically assumed that most of the projects would be similar where duplication as far as project and deployment plans would be similar. She advised no that all the projects would be with different clients and could all be different. I immediately thought this possibly cant be true and you would have to be subhuman to take on such a task. therefore I proceeded to tell her that I would not be a good fit for the job. We didn't even get to pay but why would we? This company is questionable in its tactics.