Softchoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview, more of a Q & A - it was very helpful, I was able to ask in-depth questions about the company and position to see if it was good fit. Then came into the office and did an in person interview. Pretty easy :)

Interview Questions

• Fairly basic interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a referral with around two weeks before the initial interview over the phone. I felt very comfortable during the interview and seemed to go smoothly, lasted about 45 minutes. After the phone screen, was given an online personality survey rating kind of like a Meyers Briggs assessment, followed by another survey self rating regarding Culture Fit type of responses. Each of these surveys took an additional 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a sacrifice you made for the team/organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and I was excited to get an in person interview. However after digging in on Glassdoor I found somethings that made me stop the process.

1. There are a lot of "fake" posts on Glassdoor that were clearly posted to make the company seem like a more positive place to work. Please read all reviews and decide which you believe to be legit.

2. You have to share a hotel room with a complete stranger during their 4 week training program in Toronto. This was never mentioned to me, I had to ask after reading a Glassdoor review.

3. You are let got if you don't "pass" the training program. It should be called something else and this should be discussed immediately by the recruiter. Imagine leaving a job to take this one only to find out later you might be let go if you don't pass a 4 week training program in Toronto.

Feedback: be more transparent. The above issues are hugely important when considering changing careers. I feel this was not discussed because it is a deal breaker for applicants and that is not honest.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thanks for your review! You might be surprised to know we encourage all employees - from new recruits to tenured folks - to leave honest, transparent reviews on Glassdoor about what it's really like ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter, lasted about an hour. Talked about my background, behavioral questions, why I was interested in the role, and discussed the position and company. After that, was invited in the office to interview with a Sales Manager. This was more structured, as she had a set of questions she was going through. Mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when", and questions geared towards their company. They really want to know that you did research on them and want to work for them. Didn't hear back from them after a few weeks, and then sent another email and was informed they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an issue, had to develop a solution, and then acted on it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in December 2016.

Interview

The company has you meet with their executives at their office and tell you a bit about their organization. After they tell you about their company they proceed to find out more about you and your background.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The recruiter asks you general questions about your resume. He sets up an interview with someone at the location near you. The interview at the location near you will be a breeze, however, that is an indication of their desperation to get new employees to fill those seats. Their turnover is high because the culture is very negative.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I have to say after reading some of the other negative comments made by existing or former employee's I still gave Softchoice a chance.

I applied for a Field Sales Role based out of SF - CA a few weeks ago and finally had one of their recruiters reach out wanting to set up a Phone Screen (I am NOT going to name this Recruiter because I don't want to shame her).

First Issue: No Show for Set Phone Screen

After going back and forth we finally settled on a Date and Time to have a phone chat however when the actual meeting time slot came the Recruiter was a no show. I WAS extremely excited about this role given my experience working with their organization as a vendor. I waited for the Recruiter to call me for 10 minutes till I finally sent her a quick note asking if we were going to meet. She claimed that she had some sort of Medical Emergency when she responded back 15 minutes later.

Second Issue: Correspondences Gone Bad

I WAS still interested in the role so I worked with the Recruiter to reschedule our call ... After going back and forth again with her to reschedule we finally got a Date and Time sorted out. However this took several attempts because now the Recruiter wasn't getting any of my emails on her phone. I have to say at this point any reasonable person would be frustrated due to the fact that they would feel like they weren't even a priority.

Third and Final Issue: Late AGAIN to Phone Chat & Was extremely Rude and Condescending

Well today was the day for our Phone Screen and Recruiter shows up 7 minutes late to the meeting stating her other call went over. I have been in Sales for going on 10 years now and if I am running over on a different meeting I would simply send the other person a quick note outlining this with a simple apology. ESPECIALLY if I was late the first time! Well I got no such note and when she finally called me she quickly stated that her other meeting went over so this is why she is late.

At this point and time my patience for this opportunity is wearing thin and I just wanted to learn more about the role itself. Well after quick explanation on why she was late she jumped right into our Phone Screen with some questions based around information that my Resume and LinkedIn Profile have. After answering the first few questions I politely stated that all of this information was on my Resume and LinkedIn Profile. The Recruiters response was completely rude and condescending while she stated that the information she was looking for wasn’t there. When she tried to restate the question she initially asked me it was a completely different question. At that point I told the Recruiter that I no longer wanted the role and said good-bye.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Quota at one of your companies   1 Answer

Softchoice Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

On behalf of Softchoice and our Talent Acquisition team, I apologize for the poor candidate experience you had while interviewing with us. Finding great people to join Softchoice means we need ... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice in August 2016.

Interview

It never happened. The recruiter scheduled a time and then stood me up. No email or heads up or anything. I sent an email to ask what happened and also no reply.

TSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Saw some postings on LinkedIn that appealed to me, so I submitted a quick application and received a response from a recruiter shortly after.

The first phone call was just a quick phone screening to make sure that I was qualified for the position. The 2nd one was with another recruiter, who asked more in depth questions. After she felt like I was a good candidate, she set up an in-person interview at the Seattle location.

The in-person interview consisted of 3 managers and I was given a tour at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They decide what level you should start at (out of 4) and send over an offer.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with the regional sales manager and a project manager for over an hour and a half. We discussed the challenges they are facing and how I could assist in addressing them. We discussed how I would assist the team with new clients and projects and my experiences in developing cliente relationships and assisting the engineering staff to complete projects.

Interview Questions

• Hiow would I handle a cold meeting with a potential new client   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Not sure if this is the process for all interviews, but I was called by a recruiter who initiated a quick phone screening interview. My recruiter was very upfront about the expectations of the role and about traveling to Toronto for training. Once finishing the phone interview, she then extended the opportunity to have an in person interview with one of the Business Development Managers in the Chicago Office.

When the I arrived for the interview I was situated at the front desk and was attended to right on time. Before the interview started, the manager was courteous enough to offer me water or coffee before entering the conference room. As the interviewed started she gave a brief summary of how she started there and what she has accomplished. She was very thorough about the challenges she faced as well as what she enjoyed about working there.

She then asked me a series of questions about my career outlook, goals, drive, and personality. I explained my goals and sold her my personal brand.

Overall, the interview went very smoothly and was a laid-back professional experience.

After finishing the interview, she was very upfront about the likely-hood of me being offered the position and what the next steps were; she then took me for a tour of the office afterwards.

After that was all said and done, I was interviewed (more like over-viewing) over the phone with the sales academy training manager to go over expectations, job role, questions and was then officially extended the offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you encountered that you had to overcome?
      Tell me a little about yourself.
      Why should we consider hiring you for this position?
      Are you comfortable making X amount of dials and possible more to accomplish your daily goals?
      1 Answer