Softchoice Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2018

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, and we scheduled a 15 minute phone call. She was basically asking me questions about my job experiences, and decided that I would be a good fit. Afterwards, we scheduled a 30 minute phone call a couple days away, and it basically went over what a daily work life at SoftChoice was like. The recruiter ended up being transferred to a different territory, so I was forwarded to another recruiter to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Before that though, the new recruiter wanted to schedule another 15 minute phone interview, to go over what the previous recruiter and I had discussed. She was about 3 minutes late to call me, and I thought that was pretty unprofessional. I’ve never had a phone interviewer call me later than scheduled. They’re always right on the dot. She didn’t explain or apologize as to why she was running late, which I thought was unprofessional. I just let it slide, and scheduled an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was okay, and it lasted about 30 minutes long. I was shown around the office, and was told that a recruiter would reach out to me with the next steps. The recruiter I was working with, was going to be out of the office, so she handed me over to her colleague. Well 2 weeks later, neither the colleague nor the original recruiter, have yet to reach out to me. Not even a “We are sad to inform you that we ended up with a more qualified candidate.” Nothing. Just silence. Overall, I thought the whole experience was an unprofessional mess. I was left in the dark about the decision for 2 weeks, and decided to apply for other jobs a couple days after my interview. I ended finding something better, and would suggest SoftChoice to find more professional employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Softchoice

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was two phone interviews and one in-person interview. They ended up giving me an offer, inviting me to meet their team, booked my flight to Toronto for training and then told me I failed my background check and rescinded my offer. They said it was due to something said by one of my references, which was vague and untrue after I reached out to all of them. This company lacks tact, class and proper internal communication. I would not recommend wasting your time with them and definitely do not leave your current job until after their ridiculous background check is back.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement on how to get something done and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and I was excited to get an in person interview. However after digging in on Glassdoor I found somethings that made me stop the process.

1. There are a lot of "fake" posts on Glassdoor that were clearly posted to make the company seem like a more positive place to work. Please read all reviews and decide which you believe to be legit.

2. You have to share a hotel room with a complete stranger during their 4 week training program in Toronto. This was never mentioned to me, I had to ask after reading a Glassdoor review.

3. You are let got if you don't "pass" the training program. It should be called something else and this should be discussed immediately by the recruiter. Imagine leaving a job to take this one only to find out later you might be let go if you don't pass a 4 week training program in Toronto.

Feedback: be more transparent. The above issues are hugely important when considering changing careers. I feel this was not discussed because it is a deal breaker for applicants and that is not honest.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thanks for your review! You might be surprised to know we encourage all employees - from new recruits to tenured folks - to leave honest, transparent reviews on Glassdoor about what it's really like... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a referral with around two weeks before the initial interview over the phone. I felt very comfortable during the interview and seemed to go smoothly, lasted about 45 minutes. After the phone screen, was given an online personality survey rating kind of like a Meyers Briggs assessment, followed by another survey self rating regarding Culture Fit type of responses. Each of these surveys took an additional 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a sacrifice you made for the team/organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter, lasted about an hour. Talked about my background, behavioral questions, why I was interested in the role, and discussed the position and company. After that, was invited in the office to interview with a Sales Manager. This was more structured, as she had a set of questions she was going through. Mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when", and questions geared towards their company. They really want to know that you did research on them and want to work for them. Didn't hear back from them after a few weeks, and then sent another email and was informed they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an issue, had to develop a solution, and then acted on it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, and a recruiter called me a couple days later.
    Starts with a phone interview with a recruiter: The recruiter is obviously looking to prep you for the interview. He suggested that I not tell them that I don't like cold calling.

Next you will interview with a manager who you will eventually work for: This consists of them trying to convince you that you are lesser then you are and should accept the worst job in the company at the lowest possible pay rate.

Third, the recruiter follows up with you and tells you knocked their socks off and you got the job.

If you got an interview for this job in Atlanta, relax your going to Canada on the company's dime. Just don't stop looking for a job, because this place is a joke. Your manager will likely have no experience working at a real job, and their brain has turned to play-doh from years of foolishness at this place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....   1 Answer
    • Do you have cold calling experience   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience selling software & hardware   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your sales experience   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, then one-on-one interview. Pretty simple and straightforward. Basically just wanted to get to know you and see if you had a sales personality. Weren't too concerned about experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Not sure if this is the process for all interviews, but I was called by a recruiter who initiated a quick phone screening interview. My recruiter was very upfront about the expectations of the role and about traveling to Toronto for training. Once finishing the phone interview, she then extended the opportunity to have an in person interview with one of the Business Development Managers in the Chicago Office.

When the I arrived for the interview I was situated at the front desk and was attended to right on time. Before the interview started, the manager was courteous enough to offer me water or coffee before entering the conference room. As the interviewed started she gave a brief summary of how she started there and what she has accomplished. She was very thorough about the challenges she faced as well as what she enjoyed about working there.

She then asked me a series of questions about my career outlook, goals, drive, and personality. I explained my goals and sold her my personal brand.

Overall, the interview went very smoothly and was a laid-back professional experience.

After finishing the interview, she was very upfront about the likely-hood of me being offered the position and what the next steps were; she then took me for a tour of the office afterwards.

After that was all said and done, I was interviewed (more like over-viewing) over the phone with the sales academy training manager to go over expectations, job role, questions and was then officially extended the offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you encountered that you had to overcome?
      Tell me a little about yourself.
      Why should we consider hiring you for this position?
      Are you comfortable making X amount of dials and possible more to accomplish your daily goals?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews, 2 of which were over Skype. Other than that it was pretty standard, I interviewed with a recruiter in HR and the managers at the office I ended up working at. However, the expectations and description of the position I was interviewing for was completely different than what I found when I arrived. I was told I would be given a small number of accounts to start with but when I arrived at training in Toronto, I was blindsided with the actual onboarding process, 100 minimum cold calls per day with a $10,000 revenue target to be achieved within 3 months with no account base. If you do not hit this target, you will be fired, no exceptions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual that really stands out, a very standard interview. Be sure to ask extreme specifics about the job to save from being very surprised when you start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1 day 3 step interview. Step 1 was an interview with 2 managers who as general interviews questions. Part 2 is with the training manager and he tells you about the training process and asks your thoughts on the process and whether you would be a good fit for it. The 3rd part is a job shadow to learn more about what the role entails.

Very friendly people and great environment. They are extremely picky about who they hire, as I was rejected because I was told my interview conversation didn't carry a good flow.