Softchoice Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2018

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hiring process was a screened phone call followed up by an in-person interview that was pretty casual and sitting with a sales rep for an hour followed up by a formal one and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in technology? Simple yet hard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Softchoice

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Do your research because the interviews got harder as I progressed through the rounds. Each employee I spoke with was genuine and passionate about the company and overall friendly people. You may find yourself struggling with some of the products and services offered so the research will help identify your interest in the company. The interview process was stream-less and moved along at a comfortable pace. It was also great to get each interviewer's perspective on the company, it's culture, and the role applied for. Relax and be yourself. Do not try to pretend to know things you clearly don't, they'll pick up on this.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a situation where you encountered extreme conflicted and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about this Territory Sales Representative position then sent an assessment invitation I was also told about a open house that was supposed to be occurring in the next few days. Sent the reply back to the recruiter and then was also sent the assessment make sure you have time to complete the assessment without interruptions because you need to be able to think. ( I was interrupted many times during the timed portions) Don't do this while trying to work.

Interview Questions

• The first part of the assessment is all mathematical equations and problems, second part was a psychological assessment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview followed by two in-office interviews. The phone interview was done with one person while the second interview was with two managers and the third interview was done with another solo manager. First and second interviews were strictly interview while the third was more of a conversation. Both first and second interviews require a "pitch".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1 day 3 step interview. Step 1 was an interview with 2 managers who as general interviews questions. Part 2 is with the training manager and he tells you about the training process and asks your thoughts on the process and whether you would be a good fit for it. The 3rd part is a job shadow to learn more about what the role entails.

Very friendly people and great environment. They are extremely picky about who they hire, as I was rejected because I was told my interview conversation didn't carry a good flow.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews, 2 of which were over Skype. Other than that it was pretty standard, I interviewed with a recruiter in HR and the managers at the office I ended up working at. However, the expectations and description of the position I was interviewing for was completely different than what I found when I arrived. I was told I would be given a small number of accounts to start with but when I arrived at training in Toronto, I was blindsided with the actual onboarding process, 100 minimum cold calls per day with a $10,000 revenue target to be achieved within 3 months with no account base. If you do not hit this target, you will be fired, no exceptions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual that really stands out, a very standard interview. Be sure to ask extreme specifics about the job to save from being very surprised when you start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviews and time on the sales floor with current reps. The interview process may have changed since I last applied. Overall, a good experience with friendly people. Make sure to ask good questions and really get a sense of the role during the one on one portion of the interview.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice in April 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based, generic interview questions, however, the last two questions have the potential to throw you off. You will get asked questions like describe your greatest accomplishment, a time you dealt with conflict, a time you took initiative, etc. Okay experience.

Interview Questions

• The leaders of the company are selling it to you. Before you buy the company, what are the three questions you will ask the company's leaders?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and I was excited to get an in person interview. However after digging in on Glassdoor I found somethings that made me stop the process.

1. There are a lot of "fake" posts on Glassdoor that were clearly posted to make the company seem like a more positive place to work. Please read all reviews and decide which you believe to be legit.

2. You have to share a hotel room with a complete stranger during their 4 week training program in Toronto. This was never mentioned to me, I had to ask after reading a Glassdoor review.

3. You are let got if you don't "pass" the training program. It should be called something else and this should be discussed immediately by the recruiter. Imagine leaving a job to take this one only to find out later you might be let go if you don't pass a 4 week training program in Toronto.

Feedback: be more transparent. The above issues are hugely important when considering changing careers. I feel this was not discussed because it is a deal breaker for applicants and that is not honest.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thanks for your review! You might be surprised to know we encourage all employees - from new recruits to tenured folks - to leave honest, transparent reviews on Glassdoor about what it's really like... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter, lasted about an hour. Talked about my background, behavioral questions, why I was interested in the role, and discussed the position and company. After that, was invited in the office to interview with a Sales Manager. This was more structured, as she had a set of questions she was going through. Mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when", and questions geared towards their company. They really want to know that you did research on them and want to work for them. Didn't hear back from them after a few weeks, and then sent another email and was informed they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an issue, had to develop a solution, and then acted on it   Answer Question