Software Merchant IOS Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Software Merchant

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software Merchant (Wayne, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the morning, and I got a call at 2pm the same day. Then they asked me to go to their office the next day. After introducing my background a little bit, I was asked to program three mini projects. After I finished the three mini projects, the CEO gave me the offer with 70K per year. It was surprising to me because I just graduated from school and have two months experience on iOS development only. However, they didn't say anything about a specific job details.

Then the main thing is that they need me to sign up for a training program which costs $3000, and I have to pay right away. I told the CEO that I don't have the money to pay for it, and he suggested me to pay some as deposit, then pay the rest month by month. After I told him that I don't have that much money from my credit cards, he asked me to borrow the money from my family or my friends.

At this moment, I still don't know when I will start getting a real job.

While I was in the interview, I found that their senior software developer, who was sitting on the opposite, was dating his girl friend in the office.

I won't say that it is a scam.

Interview Questions

I don't want to borrow money from my family or my friends for a 'may not exist' job.