Software Specialists Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Specialists Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had two in-person interviews, one with the president and one with other members with the team. Personable in style. Easy to establish rapport with everyone. By the end I knew I could see myself working there.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Cranberry, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a 26 minute tech question with supposedly a hiring manager. At the end, all she said was: "good session". They are maybe in the process of setting up what I call an actual interview as that has not happened as yet. So no I have not accepted anything. Wouldn't you want to know like what the job is and what you might be doing?

Interview Questions

• Rate your self on the following technologies froom 1 to 5 including number of years used and if current.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted over the phone. Very specific and technical questions. I was asked if I can stay late hours and weekends. I was asked how did I deal with problems encountered during integration and how did II worked with outside vendors.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in precision mechanical design.   Answer Question

Software Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Software Specialists.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Structured set of questions followed by informal interview. Took long time to make a decision.

Software Specialists Response

Aug 7, 2014 – Director

We appreciate your feedback & inputs, however we would like to convey that almost all of our interviews are completed within 48 hours (unless the candidate is not available) or if its for managerial ... More

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple & straightforward process. HR/vendor calls first to check the interest level, to schedule the first round of phone interview with one of the managers. This is followed by an in-person interview (based on location, Bangalore or Coimbatore). In-person interviews includes a 15 min aptitude test, panel interview with senior managers. if all clear, you get an offer within 24 hours of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you know about SSI?
      2) Why SSI?
      3) About current/previous jobs (if any)
      4) About expectations from SSI
      5) Long terms personal/professional goals
      6) Recruiting experience - numbers
      Answer Question

Associate Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Coimbatore (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I got through the pool drive conducted. First round was Group Discussion. Then an aptitude round with50 questions for 15min and An face to face round. The questions for aptitude were very simple and some were of vocabulary. Altogether it is nice one for testing our speed and understanding.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      What will be your role?
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is Standard Process. They had a telephonic round(technical) which lasted for about 30-40 min approx.After that they have called me for an in person interview. There was a written exam for 15 min and we had to answer 50 questions. After that I had a face to face, which lasted for next 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Software Specialists?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software Specialists.

Interview

I gone through 4 rounds, the process was for 2 days, both telephonic and in-person rounds, rounds consists- Skills test, Written test, Personality and past work experince and it was a good experience

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Software Specialists in September 2014.

Interview

Strategical Interview to identify the candidate vision for the next 5 years. I had interacted with the VP - HR over the phone, he took the interview session in a very casual manner.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Software Specialists (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Company primarily prefers employee referrals, secondary option is using vendors.
    If you are an experienced candidate, first phone interview/discussion is with Senior VP of the company.
    If the candidate is cleared by Senior VP, he/she needs to go the office (either Bangalore/Coimbatore, based on candidate preference/need) to attempt/clear the aptitude/English test.
    If the candidate clears the test , he/she will be meeting their Director (if hiring for Bangalore) OR Branch head/Manager (if Coimbatore)
    If one is through the second round in Bangalore, next discussion is with a panel of managers & that's the final discussion
    If one is through the second round in Coimbatore, final discussion is with the Director (phone)
    Complete (sourcing to offer/rejection) process takes not more than 2-3 days (max) depending on candidate's availability

Interview Questions

• Candidate's ability to convince the managers/director about their interest in job.. even though its a simple question, it gets tricky at times... questions related to recruiting/staffing are very less compared to personality/team fit/attitude related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SSI is one of the paymasters in Bangalore/Coimbatore, pays on-par or more than the industry standards. Their commission/incentive structure is very appealing & motivating.. Negotiations are pleasant & employee friendly.. In case if the salary expected does not work for the company, its communicated in the first phase of discussion to avoid any waste of time both for employee/employer