SoftwareONE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SoftwareONE

2.9

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Houston, TX) in September 2020.

Interview

Lengthy-Enjoyed talking to all folks until the 4th interview with hiring manager and "the others." Hiring manager said he has been with company 6 years and manages tons on BD managers. Yawn not impressed. The "others" asked questions and tried to sound impressive and ask detailed questions about their own products as they have been there for many years. Unimpressed with hiring manager in place over BD. Wished I could of interviewed in another division. I was over qualified.

Senior Unified Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2020.

Interview

I had a Teams call with a Senior Engineer. The call was very conversational and flows. It was mostly scenario questions and how my skill-set fits into their systems. He went thru my resume and asked basic questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru how will get a customer setup for a typical unified communication deployment   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Buffalo, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

phone interview with a panel with a presentation. personal test. phone interview with direct report and a few colleagues. It's a very reasonable process and everyone seems very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength? can you give an example of solving a conflict situation   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Very very bad. I reached there at 11:00AM my term expected to come at 12:00PM but nothing had happened till 2:45 PM. My whole day got wasted. Very poor management. There were about 150 candidates on single day. Finally I left without interview.

SoftwareONE Response

Jan 29, 2018 – Global Head of Recruitment

Hi, thanks for your comment and I would like to apologise for the experience you had. I think you probably attended our Walk In event last Saturday in Gurgaon?

The event was planned to run for a limited number of people, but word of mouth meant that more than double that number turned up on the day and the team did all they could to accommodate people and give everyone a fair assessment. I was aware some people left the day without a chance to meet face to face with the team and we did try to capture all their contact details to provide a follow up meeting at their convenience.

I appreciate your feelings on the day, but if you would like the opportunity to speak/meet with us for a role in our Procurement business, which is experiencing unparalleled growth, I will happily receive your details and speak with the head of the business unit. Please contact me privately on simon.bishop@softwareone.com.

Thanks

Territory Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Long process. Meet over phone and in person with several different management and counterpart employees. Sales presentation was required and had to do a 30-60-90 business plan as well as an example of a former company and how you overcame objections and closed business.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at SoftwareONE.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftwareONE.

Interview

It was a great interview with just general questions, nothing too tricky. Just talk about yourself and you will be fine. Had to do a presentation about something I am passionate about

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company   1 Answer

Solutions Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

An initial interview with the recruiter for software why was conducted which went well. I then had a technical interview with a technical leader by phone which went very well and was told I would be passed on to the hiring manager to proceed to the next step in the process. I was contacted by the hiring manager and a brief phone interview and was invited to an additional interview with his team over lunch. I arrived on time at the venue and that the team we had lunch ordered lunch and two thirds of the team are on the their cell phones. It was quite noisy, I believe I had some good interaction the hiring manager's team.

After the conclusion of the line/interview we sat down in a quiet area of the restaurant to discuss some additional details and answer some questions. To wrap things up the hiring manager look me in the eyes told me that I should get in touch with the HR recruiter and tell them you want to proceed to the next step and that the hiring manager is willing to go to the next step in the process with more interviews.

I then contacted the HR recruiter for software one via email and phone and convey the message that the hiring manager had told me that he wanted to move to the next step. I did not hear from anybody for over two weeks and then I receive a terse email stating they decided to move on and received no additional information as to the reason why irregardless of the fact that the hiring manager want to move forward.

This was the first time in my entire life that I've had a hiring manager look me in the eyes and straight out lie to me! I've interview with quite a few hiring managers my career. From speaking to other colleagues in the industry and inside software one the hiring managers do have a dicey reputation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally windows server questions licensing questions regarding Windows solutions which I am quite familiar with. We also cover technical issues such as active directory, Hyper-V and VMware. All not too difficult at all for me.   Answer Question

SoftwareONE Response

May 10, 2017 – Global Head of Recruitment

Hi,

Having read your interview review I can only say sorry if this is the experience you had with us.

I'd be keen to hear the detail of who you were dealing with to look into it further if you'd like to share, to at least what happened from our side.

We set very high standards for both our recruiters and line managers and I can only think there has been some break down in communication or process for this to happen. If you'd like to follow up my email is simon.bishop@softwareone.com. Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with SoftwareONE over an 8 week time frame. I had 4 phone interviews including the hiring manager. I then had a Panel interview where I presented to the hiring manager, a peer BDM, Technical resource and someone from HR. This went very well. Was then called by HR and given a Verbal offer with Salary, Bonus information, etc. and consequently emailed all the Benefit information. I was told a formal offer would come soon. Later heard that they have a "New Policy" for 2017 and that either the CEO or a VP needs to meet all new candidates before an offer can be made. So a few weeks later I proceeded to meet the area VP at the local airport. That meeting went very well and was told I would be getting the offer soon. HR came back and said that the CEO is being very choosy about new candidates. They have since stopped communicating with me. I would think very carefully before beginning this Journey of an interview process with SoftwareONE.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoftwareONE.

Interview

The first step was a brief phone interview that walked through what the position entailed. After that, I was brought in for panel interview with the team managers which included putting together a brief presentation and answering a variety of interview questions. The entire process was quick and everyone involved was helpful and welcoming.

Solutions Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SoftwareONE (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

interview process was well organized. quick turn around, not a long process at all - 2 to 4 weeks total so very quick. started with phone call with HR/recruiter, then face to face interview with sales leaders, then another face to face interview with senior management (which was quite casual & most enjoyable). So in total, 2 telephone interviews, 2 in person meetings, and then told an offer would not likely be made.

Interview Questions

• they asked why " softwareone "? what drew me to want to join the softwareone team? what would I bring to the table that other applicants would not.   1 Answer